Sign in to follow this  

2009 yz250f suspension help!

Iv got a 2009 yz250f that im going to fully rebuild the suspension on before this coming season. Im about 5'8"and and 155lbs intermediate racer, ride in mostly sand but a couple tracks are a mix of hard pack and clay. Im planning on buying the springs and valves from factory connection or rg3 and installing them myself since im a college student with a limited budget. What spring rates and valves should I be looking at? Any help is appreciated

Thanks!

For sand your std springs are good, for hard pack I would go 0.43 and 5.0 which is 07 std rates

You don't need valves either, std ones are good, just lower the oil level and soften the clickers if its too stiff

Iv got a 2009 yz250f that im going to fully rebuild the suspension on before this coming season. Im about 5'8"and and 155lbs intermediate racer, ride in mostly sand but a couple tracks are a mix of hard pack and clay. Im planning on buying the springs and valves from factory connection or rg3 and installing them myself since im a college student with a limited budget. What spring rates and valves should I be looking at? Any help is appreciated

Thanks!

Hey Mang, ressurection thread here

Hows the .43 spring working out for you @ 155#? .I'm same dimensions

I just got the same bike with factory connection . the spring is a .43 also wondering if  you upped spring weights for the fork @all or ended up going softer

THanks

Edited by nhdude

Each rider is different,if it's working for you then just enjoy it ?