Sign in to follow this  

Money Maker RMZ?

Here is the deal, I'm a dirt biker like the rest of you guys and gals but I'm a 2 stroke KTM guy and have been for forever..... Had ACL replacement surgery and am out of work for 3 more weeks.

I found this 2006 listed for sale here locally. It sounds like I (MAY) be able to make some money on this bike. Here is my question. What is this bike worth in fair running condition?

link with pictures below. the 420 stickers don't build a lot of confidence in me though. Nothing wrong with the herb but I would never advertise it like that.

http://monterey.craigslist.org/mcy/2853993486.html

description of bike

i have a 2006 rmz 250 for sale here it is a great bike it needs a new owner my truck is in the shop getting painted and i need to pay the bill to get it out i would never sell this bike for so cheap but i need my truck back more than i need this bike. it has tons of aftermarket parts full leo vance x3 titanium exhaust system, black excel rims kibble white valves and spring recently shimed like last week i shimed them thinking that was the reason it didnt start but i tracked it down to the spark plug wire IT NEEDS A NEW SPARK PLUG WIRE. i dont have money to fix it im a struggling high school student in my senior year and i need to get my truck done. the bike is sold as is thats why its also cheap so you dont end up spending a fortune to get it running the part with coil and wire will run you about 70 bucks.... dont miss out on this great deal.. contact me at 831 794 8281.... my name is tyler.... thanks for looking at my posting.

Come on guys, 72 views and no responses? I've got a couple more questions I'll start looking into. Is the 06 the model that was the same as the kawi? If it were parted out how many years were the bikes basically the same, meaning wheels, forks, frames etc are the same?

I wouldnt personally touch it. the 2006 i thought had some overheating issues or were prone to it more than others.

I wouldnt personally touch it. the 2006 i thought had some overheating issues or were prone to it more than others.

I read on MXA's site that this was the last model year and they had overcome all the issues. It was the most reliable of that generation of bike. But it does smell a bit fishy.

but wasnt this the first real Rmz? i know the 2004,2005 were kxf but wasnt the 2006 the first actual suzuki. It would be like buying a 2010 vs a 2011 rmz. Why buy the first year of something when the next years bike will be more improved. If it was a cdi unit thats faulty on this one. Its not worth it. Id go take a look feel the compression, check front and rear wheel bearings, check head bearings, check spokes and rims. sprockets,. check cases maybe the cases are jb weleded or screwed in some state is why its cheap. Your buying a sketchy bike and the numbers alone would make me stay away from it. That is the first person Ive seen who paid for pre printed goon numbers :bonk: