Sign in to follow this  

Where to put your phone while riding

I wear race pants so no pockets, I have a camelbak...but if I fall, it might bust up my phone. I dont know what to do...

So, what do yall do? (and yes, I dont NEED it, but I really WANT it..)

I carry my phone for emergency reasons, and also have an app to log miles, speed, time etc. I put it in a padded case in my camel pack. There are also little packs that bolt to your fender. Might be a little safer, idk.

The belt clip carrier for my Droid has a hard case for the phone face and a hard back for the phone, provides a lot of protection. Depending on what I wear when riding I carry it in a back pack, Ogio waist pack, or a MSR Roost pack. I usually carry it in a hip pocket on the waist pack, which I think is the highest risk, but no damage from several falls during the past several years of packing.

I put mine in a plastic ziploc sandwich bag, and then in the small top pocket of my Camelbak.

Edited by andicus

One of my bikes has a zippered pouch, pop-rivoted to the back of the number plate. It's mounted high, so i can readily get to it. Usually I just carry an old phone. with a good charge. That way, regardless of servce, I can make a 911 call. Then I can safely leave the money phone locked up, safe.

I bought one of those little plano hard plastic case's from walmart it fit's a phone, my ID and a set of keys.

And it just goes in my backpack when riding trails. And IMO you'd be &%$#@!ed (physically) anyways if you fell hard enough to breck this thing open.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/1449-plano-guide-series-waterproof-case/10034921?trail=&ancestorID=&searchString=&moduleName=&startSearch=&fromSearchBox=&addFacet=

I put mine in a plastic ziploc sandwich bag, and then in the small top pocket of my Camelbak.

i too use a ziplock in the camelbak.. but i place mine inside behind the drink bladder. I guess my thinking was it has a bit more protection ?? but i have a pretty small camelbak so my phone wont fit in the small zipper pocket it has anyway :smirk:

Personally, I always carry a fanny pack and I put my phone in there, bundled in a bunch of rags for padding. When I am on a longer ride with my camelbak, I put it in the padded pouch also wrapped up in a few rags for padding. I suggest you do the same and don't worry about breaking it, just focus on the trail and have fun. And don't ride in remote areas by yourself! The buddy system is better than a mobile phone. :smirk:

The buddy system is better than a mobile phone. :bonk:

True enough takeing a nap with your bike on top of you doesn't really give you much of a chance to call for help lol

i have a cheap walmart camel back that has pouches like a backpack,i carry a small bunch of tools,zip ties of assorted sizes and my phone wrapped in some clean rags

I use an Otterbox 2000 case for my iPhone and just toss it in my camelback. The case is waterproof and crushproof.