Sign in to follow this  

possiblly upgrading

i have a 2006 kx 450f, i have no clue on how many hours on the bike. The bike is in excellent shape and rides good, i heard alot of bad things can happen with the stock wrist pin and piston which kind of scares me. what i was looking at buying was a 2009 and up kx 450f, are there any problems with the fuel injection system in the 2009? i ride alot of woods and open trails and want to attempt the track this year. Would it be more reliable to get a 2009 or to just keep my 2006 and maybe try to replacing a top end?

I don't know man but I have my '07 so well setup for me thanks to krannie & numroe that I don't want to start over with new year model. It has more than I would ever need. Just my opinion. If ti was an '12 which is supposed to be a major upgrade then I could go through the hassle.

knowledge seeker im with you on that one, but the '06 doesnt have that fifth gear and he rides open trails. If it was 07 or 08 i would say no, but the '09 is a better bike if for no other reason than for the 5-speed. If the trails are open and your riding with 250s and 5-speed 450s, your gonna want that 5-gear.