Sign in to follow this  

Hinson Fibers and plates or Stock?

Ok, so here's my dilema. I'm putting together my '03 YZ 250 its been apart for over a year and I'm replacing everything. I'm having my top and bottom end, bearings, and such replaced this weekend. My motor has been sitting without oil for over a year, so without saying I need new clutch plates and fibers. I've got a full Hinson clutch basket, pressure plate, the whole nine. So here's my question. I can get all the plates fibers and springs from Hinson for $170. But then I can also get all brand new stock fibers and plates for around $50. Does anyone know the benefits of Hinson over stock? Do the plates make that much of a difference? I've got the full Hinson basket is it better to run Hinson plates in the Hinson basket? or are they just fibers and plates and I'm paying for the name "Hinson" on the top of the package?

Edited by YZRyder

Never had Hinson so take my comments in that context; but I have never had to replace Yamaha clutch fibers or steels in 40+ years of riding them. So being the cheap sort of fellow that I am, if they are truly needed I would buy the stock components.