Sign in to follow this  

Washington Poker Run bike giveaway...450?

Am I the only one confused as to why a Poker Run Series (Fringe)would give away a full on race bike as an overall prize. Aprilia MXV 450. I always thought poker runs were kinda set up for part-time riders and kids. Why give away a race bike? Wouldn’t they be able to buy two maybe three kids bikes for the same money? These bikes are not 100% donated and the clubs (like the NMA used to) need to purchase these bikes, but they do get a discount. I understand they need to have prizes to draw people in but who would even ride this type of bike at a poker run. I just think it would be more beneficial to have a kids bike or bikes as a giveaway. Those kids and the next racers and it is always great to get them out riding.

Am I the only one confused as to why a Poker Run Series (Fringe)would give away a full on race bike as an overall prize. Aprilia MXV 450. I always thought poker runs were kinda set up for part-time riders and kids. Why give away a race bike? Wouldn’t they be able to buy two maybe three kids bikes for the same money? These bikes are not 100% donated and the clubs (like the NMA used to) need to purchase these bikes, but they do get a discount. I understand they need to have prizes to draw people in but who would even ride this type of bike at a poker run. I just think it would be more beneficial to have a kids bike or bikes as a giveaway. Those kids and the next racers and it is always great to get them out riding.

pretty sure it was donated. i know last year clems powersports donated the bike for the poker run series. oh, i would ride it! with a smile :bonk:

I wouldn't complain about a free bike. It sounds like a good idea you have though, maybe you should try it and see how it goes, you might have the next great idea.

you might be overthinking this...

They could NOT have a bike. :bonk:

• Like 1

Myself and a couple buddies at work were talking about this just today and we were stoked to see such a high end bike as a prize. Hell if you won and were looking to get a kids bike,you could probably trade the 450 for your kids next two or three bikes. Legally kid can't actually own a vehicle anyway,can they? I probably wouldn't even start it and try to trade it for a smoker. Not because it's not a awesome bike,but because I'm a smoker guy.

Doesn't sound like Thomas12 has been to any NMA Poker Runs,there's ALL kinds of riders and ALL kinds of terrain.

And now you can try your hand at the Amature Enduro-X too.

• Like 1