Sign in to follow this  

03 cr250 suspension for trails

hey ive got a 2003 cr250 i weight about 150 pounds with gear.. and the springs are good for my weight.. i ride a lot of tight technical trails and will be doing harescramblers and poker runs.. lot of rocky areas.. i currently have the suspension set as soft as it can go with lower amount of fork oil.. i just wanted to know if you guys think that having my suspension revalved would be a good thing. i live not too far away from LT racing and they will do a full revalve for about 350 bucks.. so is it worth it and will it help out a lot? cause i dont like the suspension way to soft where it would be changing the traction, but the suspension does beat me up a bit after long rides.. so what do you guys think? let me know.. thanks

For your riding and weight the springs are too stiff

so you think that a suspension revalve is good for trails? or just mess with stock suspension?

I think for trails a revalve and the correct springs are essential

I also have an 03 cr250, and also live in WA and ride tight technical single track. I was in the same boat as you a few months ago. I was running the stock stuff full soft with a low oil level and it was still to stiff/uncontrolled. I did some research and ended up revalveing the forks myslef with a slightly modified crf250x valve stack. It was my first time doing a re-valve (Ive done seals many times) and was straight forward with the factory manual. I did hours of research on shim stacks and modified the stock crfx stacks to my liking, and it turned out great. I also swapped in a crf250x rear shock (75$ on ebay) with the CR spring and couldnt be happier. Im going to do some slight tweaks but for the cr250 in the woods, the crf250x is a good baseline. Do some research and dive in, its not too difficult and you learn alot!

Thanks. And currently all I have done to my cr suspension is the lowered fork oil and it is sprung to my weight. It feels a LOT softer then my crf250r.. so do you guys think I should still do a suspension revalve? I also might use the bike every once in a while on a mx track or dunes.