PICS: The new "2013" pre factory motor !

I do not understand the exhaust running under the efi? Why? Looks to me there will be problems akin to the Husaberg. I cannot believe the possible benefit can be greater than the already discovered negatives of the high heat in that area. Those little add on winglets tell me they are trying to improve airflow to alleviate the problem.

Edited by YHGEORGE

I do not understand the exhaust running under the efi? Why? Looks to me there will be problems akin to the Husaberg. I cannot believe the possible benefit can be greater than the already discovered negatives of the high heat in that area. Those little add on winglets tell me they are trying to improve airflow to alleviate the problem.

thats a heat shield.

Bad ideas as I see them:

1. Exhaust running underneath the EFI and Shock

2. Exhaust running directly over the hydraulic clutch slave

3. "Air" suspension of any kind

4. SFF

5. Bringing any of that to a US market place.

Not to mention that fact that if you had a manual cam chain tensioner on there it would be a pita to adjust.

Bad ideas as I see them:

1. Exhaust running underneath the EFI and Shock

Possible issue, although many older EFI inline engines had the exhaust manifold pretty much touching the injectors without much issue. Heatshield shouold keep temps down.

2. Exhaust running directly over the hydraulic clutch slave

Brake fluid boils at ~450-500*F. The rubber cap on the slave would begin to melt way before that - the heatshield is doing its job. The wires running right near the exhaust also proves this to be a non-issue.

3. "Air" suspension of any kind

Don't see why this is an inherent problem?

4. SFF

Have not heard any complaints about the SFF on the KX250F. Theoretically cheaper to respring and revalve, and you get a pre-load setting now.

5. Bringing any of that to a US market place.

Not seeing it as an issue at all as long as the price is right.

No way those little add on plastic pieces at the bottom of the radiator shrouds are a heat shield. Nothing hot there to shield. We must be looking at two different things. And many with other brand bikes using an exhaust routing like this have suffered severe heat related problems. Boiling of the fuel has been a major issue. Maintenance , especially when hot, is very difficult if possible at all in this area. But my main point is that NO ONE has/can provide evidence of any BENEFIT with this routing. None. Where is the reward?

Edited by YHGEORGE

Possible issue, although many older EFI inline engines had the exhaust manifold pretty much touching the injectors without much issue. Heatshield shouold keep temps down.

Brake fluid boils at ~450-500*F. The rubber cap on the slave would begin to melt way before that - the heatshield is doing its job. The wires running right near the exhaust also proves this to be a non-issue.

Don't see why this is an inherent problem?

Have not heard any complaints about the SFF on the KX250F. Theoretically cheaper to respring and revalve, and you get a pre-load setting now.

Not seeing it as an issue at all as long as the price is right.

Tell ya what, save my post as a word doc. In August of 2013 if they deliver that setup to the US check it against the complaints lodged against the new configuration. If I'm wrong, I'll buy you a beer. A good beer, not some cheap crap :bonk:

No way those little add on plastic pieces at the bottom of the radiator shrouds are a heat shield. Nothing hot there to shield. We must be looking at two different things. And many with other brand bikes using an exhaust routing like this have suffered severe heat related problems. Boiling of the fuel has been a major issue. Maintenance , especially when hot, is very difficult if possible at all in this area. But my main point is that NO ONE has/can provide evidence of any BENEFIT with this routing. None. Where is the reward?

The benefit would be increased length and volume in the exhaust system.

I doubt that outweighs the negatives, though.

How do we know this is not a 250?

The exhaust port and gen cover is more 250 like than 450.

just asking.

Bike belongs to GP rider Evegny Bobryshev, competing on the factory Honda 450. Martin Honda only field 450´s this season.