Sign in to follow this  

Pennsylvania Michaux state forest PA, no bikes allowed?

Hi, The Michaux State forest trail in Pennsylvania looked really nice, and I live only about 20 minutes away from the head of one. The bad part is they are only atv trails..... First of all I'm not sure why they would exclude dirt bikes. But, I have seen bikes their, and I remember them saying they were in a club. So, to the point, does anyone belong to this club or know the clubs name so I could get more information.

Thanks

Edited by YZFury

There's an annual dual sport ride there. Here's a pdf of the from.

http://www.angelfire.com/michauxoffroadenthusiasts/images/DualSport12.pdf

Where are you located? There's shade mountain trail system. If you want a pdf of the trails there I can send them to you. The shade mountain trail system is for dirt bikes only and is pretty tight and rocky single track mostly. I will soon have my permit for Reading Anthracite so I'll be going there over the summer. I'm from Dillsburg so no matter where I go to ride it's going to be an hour drive at minimum.

Edited by 79yamdt

The only two times a year bikes are allowed in michaux are the dual sport ride in august and there's an enduro in September. The dualsport is by far better ( I help set it up)

There's an annual dual sport ride there. Here's a pdf of the from.

http://www.angelfire.com/michauxoffroadenthusiasts/images/DualSport12.pdf

Where are you located? There's shade mountain trail system. If you want a pdf of the trails there I can send them to you. The shade mountain trail system is for dirt bikes only and is pretty tight and rocky single track mostly. I will soon have my permit for Reading Anthracite so I'll be going there over the summer. I'm from Dillsburg so no matter where I go to ride it's going to be an hour drive at minimum.

I live in arendtsville pa. I've tried shade mountain and it was rough and just not what I wanted to ride. Ihad a membership at rausch creek which was pretty nice. Really rocky on some places. Im just rrying to explore my options and hopefully find a much closer place to ride then 2 hours away. Thanks for the information.

I live in arendtsville pa. I've tried shade mountain and it was rough and just not what I wanted to ride. Ihad a membership at rausch creek which was pretty nice. Really rocky on some places. Im just rrying to explore my options and hopefully find a much closer place to ride then 2 hours away. Thanks for the information.

There really aren't too many options for non street legal dirt bikes unless you enjoy going to a mx track. I've been looking for a decent place also for the last year or so. My friends and I decided to invest in a permit for RAC even though it is a bit of a drive, there just isn't that much around if you don't have a quad. Tower city is so expensive for what it is IMO it's a little closer to you but not much closer than some parts of RAC's st. clair riding area. Have you looked on rider planet? they have pretty much every riding area in the state.

I made an outline of RAC's property that you can view if you have google earth.

http://www.thumperta...__fromsearch__1

It sucks that there's nothing close, I would love a place to ride within a half hour of me.

There used to be a place or two in Maryland that wasn't too terribly far away but they are closed now.

Edited by 79yamdt

The clubs are MORE for the Dual Sport and SPER for the Enduro.

The two events seem nice, but I only have a regular dirt bike not an enduro or dual sport. This limits my ability to partake in those events. I wonder how hard it would be to start up a club that could use these trails? Probably pretty hard and time consuming. This is segregation of off road machines :thumbsup: !!!!!!! lol . If I have some time I'm gonna try and look into this a further. (School is very time consuming). Anybody have information of this being tried or ideas lets throw something around thanks.

They don't want bikes in the park because we cause more of an impact and rut more than the banshees and other race quads they allow there. It would take many years to accomplish what you want to do, so if you want to start something prepare to devote a lot of time and some more time. If you want to take a trip up to trevorton sometime I'll be up there a few times this year. Your suppose to have a permit but 90% of the people don't so maybe if you decide to be that 90% you can afford the gas to make it up there. haha. It would be great if there was some woods trails around the area but there really isn't.

The SPER Enduro is open to any dirt bike because it is a closed course.

PaOHV and PaTRA are working on bike registration as we speak so join one of them and be part of the movement.

chambersburg checking in.....i may or may not have ridden through michaux