Sign in to follow this  

2012 TXC310 owners please offer comments here

I am an "A" rider that has always raced modded 2 or 4 stroke MX bikes in hare scrambles, enduros and cross country.

Considering the Husky TXC 310. I have owned most brands but never a Husky. I have not yet seen one a 2012 TXC, let a lone ridden one.

Can current owners please offer some comments on this model. (the good the bad and the ugly! please do not hold back).

Can any racers offer comparison to the 2012 KTM 350XCF? or a 2012 Beta 350RR?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Especially the sort of weak areas that will need to be addressed (all bikes have weaknesses!).

Thank you!!

Edited by stroker

Andrew Delong is racing a 2012 310TXC in the National Enduro series and the GNCC series... He say it's better bike than the KTM he raced last year.

So far he's been going a lot faster on the TXC310 than on the 2011 KTM and Andrews bike is pretty close to stock.

There I said it.

Did he not just get hurt? Or was that a while back. I sure wish someone would provide some more feedback on the bike. Would be really nice if the team would provide some mod/tune/suspension info. Is there a site for the team? I am doing everything I can to not get another ktm. The 310TXC is the only real current model Husky has to offer the rider and they doing nothing to enhance sales. Frustrating.

Edited by YHGEORGE

FAR Husqvarna is the race team and yes Delong is injured, saw him this weekend at the Cherokee Enduro. Basically the forks and shock have been re-tuned, but not drastically. Pro Circuit pipe is what FAR usually runs and other then that they keep them pretty simple. They seem to like a higher compression head/base gasket and I'm sure there are a few other tricks, but nothing over the top or trying to re-invent the wheel. Took me 15+ hours to get the TXC310 to play nice with me or perhaps me with it, dunno but it's pulling better and better from the bottom end with every race. Other then the OEM bar risers/clamp it's pretty much race ready and the only weakness with the riser/clamp is if you crash. Just dont crash and they'll be just fine! I on the other hand decided to go with Xtrig triple clamps so no more twisting forks in clamps or bent riser/clamp scenario.

Have a 310 and raced my first HS. Upper B level racer. Also have a 08 300XC completely sorted out. Rode a 2011 350xc-f a couple times. Raced the husky bone stock. Gotta say I didn't know what to expect going in but after 4 laps...and before I crashed....I absolutely loved the bike. Great bottom end....better than the 350KTM I rode in my mind. Feels very light and nimble. Great traction and handling. If you are looking for something smaller and lighter than a 450 with smooth tractable power that handles well.. this is it. Stock suspension seems pretty good. Did I mention it was about 1K less than the 350KTM:) Some things I don't care for...I've bumped the engine kill button a couple times while racing ...need to find a better setup. I bent up the rear fender braces on the subframe a little and thought I'd just get another as backup....turns out those are over 500 bucks! It was about 200 for the KTM one if I remember right. So far I've been able to get OEM parts just fine ....just finding aftermarket parts is a bit more difficult than expected. Right now working on getting the correct springs for my weight. Just got full akrapovic system installed...waiting on JD tuner. Gotta replace the front hub and rim after my race crash...still trying to decide between another OEM or aftermarket. Would be nice if there was a little more info out there on what fits and what doesn't but I'm slowing get it sorted out. This is my first FI bike and I find getting the gas line on and off is a PITA...getting better at it every time though. Just not much room under there....but I have no other FI bikes to compare that to. That reminds me....The oil hose attached to the end of the drain plug is just plain stupid but I can work with it. If I had to do it over again I'd take this bike over the KTM without hesitation. I like the power delivery, handling, and small light weight feel of the husky that much better. I hear the Akra and JD tuner adds ever more punch to this awesome little motor so look forward to testing that out soon. Also heard that using the TC air boot gives it a boost.

Edited by slyfox

Some dude. Was that your husky at Georgia with Xtrig triples step seat and akra exhaust? Nice bike. Wil you be at sandpaper?

From what Fred knows the hose attached to the drain plug will be gone for 2013. It will most likely get the tc 250 "v" head as he called it and stay with the minkuni efi for next year. Fred is a really nice guy and Sunday before the national while pulling down his easy up took the time to speak with us and didn't try to rush us away at all.

Some dude. Was that your husky at Georgia with Xtrig triples step seat and akra exhaust? Nice bike. Wil you be at sandpaper?

From what Fred knows the hose attached to the drain plug will be gone for 2013. It will most likely get the tc 250 "v" head as he called it and stay with the minkuni efi for next year. Fred is a really nice guy and Sunday before the national while pulling down his easy up took the time to speak with us and didn't try to rush us away at all.

Yes that was my ride, just about have it tuned the way I want, now I just need to learn how to ride it, haha

That drain on the 310 is there to make sure the oil drains from the head down to the crankcase so the crank/oil pump doesn't starve or force oil out of the PCV vent into the air box,.....something they have corrected on the "V" head 2013's is my understanding. The reason the 250's don't have it is the pumping pressure from the 310 bore/stroke is greater thus forces more oil up top then should be there.

Edited by Some Dude

the upper frame box is basically serving as a oil catch tank. you can remove the hose from the intake boot and plug the bung and drop the hose into a breather filter (K&N type) to atmosphere,

mine is down and up front behind the skid plate. The the upper crankcase cover breather hose to its middle frame box barb, and lower to the oil pan drain plug for gravity scavanging of breather oil and vapor condensed oil.

Or just deal with breather oil loss and run the lower box hose down under the motor and install a standard TC oil plug down below doing away with the hose to the drain plug, that stuff is all emission stuff for crankcase vapor closed circuit set up. I would still leave the crankcase breather into the frame box and not directly to atmosphere with a breather filter for a little bit of closed air volume to deal with crankcase pressure pules, if I was doing this set up (completly eliminating the frame box as a catch tank).

My 06 TE450 had the crank breather directly to atmosphere with a K&N type filter on the end of the hose.

My 08TXC was left with the breather into the intake boot and I saw alot more oil residue in the intake tract.

That is what I did not want with the FI set up, no oil and vapor to foul up the works.

I too prefer the 310 over the 350 KTM. My dealer sales both bikes and I got to test them before buying. I liked the husky better everywhere except the top end gearing. The 310 is geared really tight. It does take 10 hours or so before the motor breaks in and it is very impressive. I will probably install stiffer springs as I weigh about 200 pounds and would like to try the pro-circuit exhaust. All in all, I am very happy with my choice and it is the best handling bike I've ridden.

What do you mean by "top end gearing"? I ride very tight to wide open. Is top end limited in open areas? Do not like to ride little 4stks on the rev limiter. Thanks.

He say it's better bike than the KTM he raced last year.

Name a pro that has ever said any different while under contract and getting paid!

Name a pro that has ever said any different while under contract and getting paid!

He's going faster on the Husky than he did on his KTM.

See the GNCC results for yourself. :bonk:

Not sure how Delong is faster on the Husky----his results from last year in the National Enduro Series are pretty much 6ths, lots of 7ths, and 8ths, a 9th and one really horrible finish. His only result on the Husky is an 8th-----------how does that translate as "faster"?

We can't really compare keytimes since the trails are different each year, as are the conditions, etc. so how could he be considered faster this year?

Edited by venturini

Comments from a mid-pack "B" racer - 6' 190#.

The 310 is "sneaky fast" so long as you don't ride "hike-a-bike" terrain since 1st gear is like a mx bike and as long as you don't need to run more than 65 or 70mph since 6th gear is out of a mx transmission also. If it had a slightly wider ratio trans it would be just about perfect.

I am faster by 8 - 10 minutes over the same 60 minute single track loop on the little Husky than on my recent KTM300XC and CRF450R. Best times in ideal conditons: Husky 58 minutes...CRF 65 minutes....KTM 68 minutes. This past weekend in dry, dusty, slick conditions on the stock Pirelli's with 23 hours on them I ran 60 minutes flat on the Husky.

I've set the rear sag and taken 1/2 turn out of high speed in the back and taken 2 clicks out of compression in the front ... Tubliss inserts with 8psi ... Rekluse ... AKRA full system ... JD Tuner.

The rear feels pretty ok and the front is pretty good over rocks and junk but gets thru the middle of the stroke a little too quick. Suspension is well balanced so it gets into, through, and out of corners VERY well and never head shakes or does anything twitchy in rocks, hard pack, or sand. (not much good dirt here in Az)

The bike needed about 12 hours before the engine loosened up and the addition of the Akra and JD added what feels like the advertised 3hp down low and on top. I'd guess about 38 real world HP at the rear wheel. In the real world I've found that it has all the power needed for 20mph average single track and actually puts the power down and accelerates better than the KTM 200,250, and 300 ridden by the guys I usually ride with.

I hear Dirt Bike has a full test in the April edition but haven't got mine in the mail yet.

Edited by xxxbranham

Has anyone heard of a lower seat option (w/o shaving it), i.e., aftermarket...not sure what's out there?

Thx much.

Has anyone heard of a lower seat option (w/o shaving it), i.e., aftermarket...not sure what's out there? Thx much.

Husky OEM special parts catalog P/N 8000H2442 35mm lower seat. fits all but 449/511/630 series

Husky OEM special parts catalog P/N 8000H2442 35mm lower seat. fits all but 449/511/630 series

Thx much.