Sign in to follow this  

Tech 3 All Terrain Boot vs Std Tech 3

I need to replace the lousy Oneal MX boots I'm wearing now. I was looking at the Alpinestars Tech 3 and noticed that they now have a Tech 3 All Terrain model. The sole looks different and has a steel front plate. Has anybody gotten the newer ones or have any type of info on them? Thanks

From my research, I was led to believe the All Terrain boot is slightly more flexible, with a better grip on the sole, allowing it to be easier to walk in.

i have tech 3s i think just the standard ones, no metal on the front with rubber instead of stitched. i love them and find them very easy to walk in and i dont miss the metal on the front at all. would deffinately recommend them. only issue is they are hard to get out of haha

I have the regular Tech3s and don't care for them. I hate the buckles and would hate to walk any distance in them. I'm fact they are for sale and my new Gaerne G Reacts should arrive tomorrow.

Let me know how you like them after you've gotten a chance to break them in.

I'm wearing them right now,and first impression is this. The fastening system is light years ahead of that on my Tech 3's. Despite what I have seen others say in other threads,the sizing on these seems to be marginally smaller than the Astars. I have both in a 10,and my toe is right at the end of the G-Reacts. Close enough in fact that I'm contemplating an exchange. Out of the box comfort is pretty good on the left boot. I can't fairly judge the right one as my ankle is currently swollen and has a scab from the inside "knob" up to about the top of the boot due to a sneaker-kick starter mishap(doh). On a side note,I couldn't be happier with the looks of them. I got the orange ones,and they look sharp. I will be working to get them adjusted over the weekend,and will check in when I get them to max comfort.

Cool, thanks.

I can't fairly judge the right one as my ankle is currently swollen and has a scab from the inside "knob" up to about the top of the boot due to a sneaker-kick starter mishap(doh).

Ouch! Last year I was kicking over my WR with sneakers on. I slammed my right toe into the foot peg and it hurt so bad I really thought I broke it. Now I always grab some sort of boot before I kick the beast over.

My mishap didn't even happen on a high compression bike. My foot slipped off the starter of a 300 EXC about 2/3 of the way through the the stroke. It hurt like hell and left a nice scrape,but I was surprised to find my ankle so swollen and bruised. Won't be the last time I do something stupid I'm sure. Anyway,I decided to exchange the boots for a size 11. Since I need them by next Friday,I just paid for the new pair and Extreme supply will credit my card when they get the size 10's back. I don't think I'm going to ship them off until the 11's get here so that I can try them on back to back.

Let me know how you like them after you've gotten a chance to break them in.

Put 60 miles in on them this weekend and couldn't be happier. The 10s were too small and the 11 are too big with one pair of socks,but with two pair they feel great. I did find myself dragging the rear brake at times for the first few miles,but after that it wasn't a problem. Tonight my feet are about the only part of me that isn't sore. I feel like I need to mention the fastening system one more time. Soooo much more user friendly than the buckles on the Tech 3s. I would but them again in a minute.

Put 60 miles in on them this weekend and couldn't be happier. The 10s were too small and the 11 are too big with one pair of socks,but with two pair they feel great. I did find myself dragging the rear brake at times for the first few miles,but after that it wasn't a problem. Tonight my feet are about the only part of me that isn't sore. I feel like I need to mention the fastening system one more time. Soooo much more user friendly than the buckles on the Tech 3s. I would but them again in a minute.

Cool, thanks for the report.

The tech 3's that dont have the metal in the front you can replace the sole. Look on google for replacement soles for the allstar tech 3 there like 10 bucks.

If you can stand them long enough to wear out the soles,that would be good to know.