Sign in to follow this  

Pulling trigger on 07 450f

Ok Ive been a two stroke guy for awhile now and im about to buy another bike...Im trying to decide between a 07 kx250 and a 07kx450f...Anyway the guy with the 250 is asking 2500, and the guy with the 450 is asking 2800....both bikes are extremely clean and well taken care of. Both engines and pipes are stock. The only reason im considering the 450 is because it seems to me like wow 300 more and i could have a 4stroke 450 but I ride all trails and hill climbs and i have heard that 450s are alotta bike for in the woods, I weigh 160 and I am 6ft tall...I would like to hear you guys out there riding 450s on tight trails and climbing with them your thoughts...Should I stay with a 250 or 250f? or pull the trigger on the 450

IF you like trail riding and hill climbs the '07 kx450 is pretty hard to beat for climbing hills.

When you say tight trails are you talking tight quad trails or tight single track? Tight quad trails I would take 450 over the 250 but u get into the super slow 1st gear single track id rather have the 250. Thats about the only time though.

In the quad trails the 450 is just so much easier to control with drifting, the 2 strokes get a LOT more movement the rear end comparatively. For me until the turns get so tight that its like feet down, planting feet to turn type stuff is where the 250s better, because its a lil lighter and its easy to get that violent spin out of them to do a 120 degree turn.

Edited by stlavsa
  • Like 1

Tight quad trails no single track, thanks a lot man on your input, although Im on alot of trails hill climbing is what im into most thats why I think im going to go with the 450, at the same time its really hard to pull away from the two stroke considering I know them inside and out and Ill be starting all over with a 4 stroke engine but that makes it interesting I guess, I took the 450 for a ride yesterday and Im going to check out the 250 tomorrow, the 450 is still fresh in my head so Im hoping after I take this 250 for a spin Ill know for sure what I want

I cant believe after riding the KX 450 you werent sold. Put gas in it and go. Thats why i bought my CRF 450. I do the same type of riding you do and i love the way the bike handles everything. The 450s seem so calm, like riding a horse where as a 250 is more of working the clutch. Id go with a 450 but thats just me. This is thumpertalk.com afterall.

hahaha I know what your saying I am pretty much sold on the 450 but Ive been into two strokes for so long Ya cant just walk away like it was nothing, I actually cant stop thinking about the 450 it is one sweet bike

hahaha I know what your saying I am pretty much sold on the 450 but Ive been into two strokes for so long Ya cant just walk away like it was nothing, I actually cant stop thinking about the 450 it is one sweet bike

It took me a while to give up my beloved YZ, but after I got used to my 06 KX450, I have rarely regretted the move. Maybe when I lunched the rod bearing, but only while I was paying for it and not riding. It is a different beast though, and took me a little while to realize how to make it do what I wanted. I still miss the fun of riding that 2t at times, but love what I can do with the 450 with much less work. Just wish it weighed the same as my YZ...