Sign in to follow this  

Speedo Cable about 6" Longer?

I am moving my speedo unit and need a longer speedo cable. My local shop orders them, so I can't simply compare the stock to others.

Does anyone know of a cable that is longer (different bike model)?

Thanks

I'm thinking a DRZ400 is going to have about as long a cable as you will find. Motion Pro will do custom cable building.

Yeah, I was thinking that most dirt bikes would have speedo cables of similar length. No biggy, I was just thinking of a few ideas out loud.

I will look into getting a custom cable or an electronic speedo as suggested. I could simply use my GPS for those functions, but I like the odometer functions on the stock unit.

Thanks.

It seems that they sell cable extensions on ebay. That might be the answer!

Here is what I got off of Ebay:

speedo.jpg

It is exactly what I needed. $20 shipped from the UK to Canada. Fits perfectly. Not bad!

I'm kind of curious what MR. C is up to. Looking forward to some pictures.

So am I! Just playing with a few ideas. Function over style. I will post some pics once I get it sorted out.

OK. I have put my bike back together. I mounted the X2 headlight much higher than most people and repositioned the computer (that is why I needed the longer speedo cable).

I know many people won't like the look of the light when it is that high, but I just wanted something different. I carry a small bag below the light and it fits nicely with my existing setup.

Here are some pics:

light1.jpg

light3.jpg

light2.jpg

Again, the look isn't for everyone, but I like it and it functions well for my needs.

I value function over other people's opinions. My own wife has told me my bike is ugly, but I like it just fine.

I value function over other people's opinions. My own wife has told me my bike is ugly, but I like it just fine.

I agree 100%. I like it so I am happy.

My wife tells me that I am ugly!!!! You have got it good!!