Sign in to follow this  

06 rmz overheating

I just rebuilt the top end on my 06 450 now ever since then it won't stop blowing coolant out the overflow tube, I tried a 20psi cap, still the same problem. I don't honestly know of its over heating or somehow building to much psi in the cooling system. A local shop said maybe I'm leaking enigine compression into the coolant? Is that possible? I'm not gettin oil in the coolant or vice versa.... Any ideas?

Try starting the bike with the rad cap off and watch the coolant in the radiator. If you see a lot of bubbles, it's the head gasket leaking into the cooling system. Did you use an OEM head gasket? I've read a lot of other posts that said non OEM seem to leak.

When I had a bad head gasket, it would blow coolant, but it had no water in oil and didn't really smoke until I let it get a lot hotter... then you would see puffs of smoke when I was trying to restart it upon dying.

Definitaly a bad head gasket. What gasket did you rebuild with? I have heard the cheapies (Tusk) leak right out of the gate.

it was a tusk headgasket and i did come to the conclusion that it was leaking. but now upon dissassembly ive found my head to be junk also..... probably from running so hot? the "bearing" areas where the cams ride are ruined.... anyway to have these repaired? or is the a place that remans these heads?