Sign in to follow this  

06 RMZ 250

Supposedly they have weak trannys compared to other makes I have an 06 I have owned it for 3 years now and havent had a problem with it yet. Also they tend to overheat but but only if you trail ride is where I have ran into problems but only once and it was like 90 that day and I was on a super tight trail. Mine has problems starting after I crash but this seems to be a problem with any early 4 stroke. Otherwise a very solid bike.

I have an 04 rm-z 250, so same bike as they 06 you're looking at. They tend to be less of a valve eater than the honda of the same year, and no bike bog/hesitation. I have yet to have any tranny issues. The 04-06 suzuki's are the same as the 04 and 05 kx250f. They handle extremely well, the overheating is their only issue, AND is only an issue if you ride super slow, get a 1.6 bar radiator cap and the problem is solved if you want to putt (any bike will mx overheat on tight trails though if you don't get enough air flow, it was designed for track use remember). Or do what i did, run water wetter and water, and put an 09 kx250f water pump on it. I have had zero issues on reliability. I love my suzuki, you will not be disappointed. I hear mixed reviews about the 06 honda, but the suzuki retains that signature handling they are know for. Take the zook, fixing the cooling issue is far less costly than replacing valves all the time. Also the kx250f manual is a freebie online, and suspension/carb settings can be found on Kawasaki's Team Green website.

I'm giving up on an old used and just going to buy a 2012 YZF or CRF i just can't decide which one and EFI or CARBED.