Sign in to follow this  

DT100, anyone remember these things? Question on forks...

Yamaha made these up until 1978 I beleive, and a lot of the parts of this bike went on the RT100 which was made from 1999-2000.

Well anyway I have one of the RT100's (a 95' but they all were pretty much the same besides plastic and stickers). Last summer I swapped out my rear shocks with a set I bought on ebay and it raised the bike almost 3 inches in the rear. A nice upgrade but it leans you just a tad too far forward and I wanna do the same to the front.

The DT100 front forks look pretty much identical to my RT100 forks, only I am assuming they are a little bit longer? Does anyone know if these interchange (same tripple clamp/tube size, etc) and where I can find a spec on how tall they actually are compared to my RT?

I am checking them out on ebay and I can snag a set used for around $50 + shipping.

Steve

sure do..i have a 79 mx 175 i am restoring....mx and dt was basicaly the same bike just dt was street legal....if you go to YAMAHAENDURO.COM i promise u will find the answers to anything DT related and most any other vintage yamaha dirt / enduro model and size....lots of very experienced / knowledgeable dudes on that board when it comes to the older stuff..and prob find most parts u looking for...great site check it out bro..

• Like 1

sure do..i have a 79 mx 175 i am restoring....mx and dt was basicaly the same bike just dt was street legal....if you go to YAMAHAENDURO.COM i promise u will find the answers to anything DT related and most any other vintage yamaha dirt / enduro model and size....lots of very experienced / knowledgeable dudes on that board when it comes to the older stuff..and prob find most parts u looking for...great site check it out bro..

thanks for the link, Ill check it out!