Sign in to follow this  

searched but couldn't find. triple clamp question

hey guys, I just bought an 06 frame frame for my 04 125. I wanted to get either 05 or 06 triple clamps so I wont have to shave the steering stops on the 04. 06 forks will not fit my 04 for tubes right? will the 05's fit? will I need to buy a new axle as well.

I searched, but I didn't understand what people were saying, sorry for the extra thread.

06 forks should actually fit in your 04 clamps. I don't think there is much difference in 04-05 clamps. The 06 up clamps have wider spacing between the fork tubes.

My bigger question is, will the 04 engine fit in the alloy frame without major mods? I've not looked at this at all since I'm a bit big for a 125, but the newer engine seems to be totally different from the older one.

mx osh did a 03 to 05 conversion with a 06 engine so it looks like my 04 will fit. http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/495773-frame-upgrade-projectpics/page__st__20 can anyone tell me if there are any pros/cons to the 06 triple clamps spacing the fork legs further apart?

I don't think the fork spacing is something that most people would notice. There was a post that someone liked the turning better with the older clamps.