Sign in to follow this  

IT GOES>>>>>>IT LIVES!

some of you will remembner the XR600 i bought for 325 euros and ended up pulling engine out as it swallowed a choke flap?

well after a coat of rattle can black for the engine and shrek snot green on the plastics a new |CDI and rear wheel bearings, i took The Green Beast out for a 1 mile off road shakedown run.

OMG! way better than the old XT, had to abandon the run early as i had only spot welded the gearlever on to find a position i like and the spotweld broke. but all in all im a very happy puppy indeed.

NOW THE QUESTION.... the OEM fuel tap leaks, it has lil rivets, can i drill em out and renew the o ring and either use small bolts or rivet em again as im reluctant to pay 40 dollars plus postage to \Spain for one....as i have very little money. if they can be repaired, anyone know what size O ring to get?

thanks

GG

Not sure they have an O-ring in them as I've never taken one apart to repair,,least not on the XR600/350/250 etc. On older bikes such as early XLs XRs they had screws which enabled you to remove the face and lever. Behind that was a sort of metal crush washer and a paper type gasket from memory. So ,,no ,,I have no idea whether you could repair yours by drilling out the rivets etc..