Sign in to follow this  

Will my lighting plan work?

Looks like an OEM replacement to me? Better check the wattage output!

Ive been looking at this website www.bikeled.com

Lots of info on building a self contained, super bright, lightweight light sytem. Think all conatined within a CRFx light shell, with a simple bolt on/off swap with a number plate.

Edited by brentk660

Electrosport makes stators that do and don;t run lights. Just send them the question of if it has a lighting coil. You will also need a regulator (which Electrosport sells)

The Electrosport lighting stator puts out 20 watts @ about 5000RPM. Notice they dont have an output with there listing.

The Electrosport lighting stator puts out 20 watts @ about 5000RPM. Notice they dont have an output with there listing.

So what do you guys have for an '00-'01 CR250R that will power a headlight at least 35W and preferably a 55W?

So what do you guys have for an '00-'01 CR250R that will power a headlight at least 35W and preferably a 55W?

We dont offer anything, we suggest a battery powered system

On my '03 I'm running a e-line 200w stator that I bought used on Kijiji. May not be too easy to come by one, but if you can I highly recommend. The guy I bought it from had severed the negative line so a had to solder that back on, but after wiring it up, I have limitless wattage for what I'll need (acerbis headlight, voyager bar mounted GPS, and tail light), and I did find that it did give a nice flywheel effect for the low speed technical riding. I didn't even bother to install a battery, everything runs great without it.

I had an Acerbis Vision headlight installed which looked great, but it was a pain to mount and I totalled it my 3rd ride. I've since replaced it with the Acerbis DHH which mounted exceptionally easy to the forks, and I'm going to replace the halogen laps with a set of LEDs sometime this season (more of a vanity change than anything else). Here's a link to a site that sells the bulbs that replace a DHH halogen bulb which is an MR16: http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fbi-pin.html

I honestly had a lot of troubles finding an appropriate "replacement" stator solution for our bikes, so unless you find an e-line you can work with, go with a good lithium battery setup that will handle 10-12 watts and install LEDs bulbs into an Acerbis DHH. You can probably even find a way to mount the batteries under the seat.

also electrosport. have tried before on a YZ. bad results. :bonk:

Crap man, just saw the "pos" in you sig for the 98 cr. hope its not that bad?

Ok well Ricky Stator is out so it looks like the ElectroSport is the only option.

The following is my email to ElectroSport and their reply:

"Hi, I saw on your site that you have a lighting stator for the 2000-2001 CR250R. How many watts of power does this lighting stator put out? I would like to add a headlight and tail light to my 2000 CR250R and am looking for something that would have no problem running at least a 35W headlight (preferably a 55W) and an LED tail light."

"Hello,

You should have seen our ESL990 for your bike. I recommend a 35watt light be used with that application to ensure good light output at all RPMs. I would recommend LED for both headlight and tail light.

Kyle Wood - Sales Manager

-------------------------------------

Procom Engineering / ElectroSport

66 Maxwell, Irvine, CA 92618

PH: (949) 748-6338

www.electrosport.com "

Edited by Nummie

Do you all think this one is an ElectroSport too?

http://www.steahlyof...hting-coil.html

Same one, Electrosport. If we could have made a stator to run a 35 watt bulb at a decent RPM we would have. Typical response from electrosport not giving the output because I dont think anyone there really knows. When they first offered this stator we bought one to test, 20 watts with the bike revved up was the output.