Sign in to follow this  

back to a 2 stroke

i know i will get some biased opinions in this forum. anybody here have or had a wr250f 07 or newer. i have an 08 and was getting ready to purchase a 250 xcw and wondered how the handling between the two compares. i like this bike but dont like the way the front wheel handels compared to other bikes.

What do you want to know? I rode a WR 250F for 3 years before coming to KTM. Which bike don't you like? Are you saying you have a late model WR?

200W will be bring everything good about the WR without the negatives. A 250W will be a considerable jump in power. The 200 still has more, but willl perform similarly till you get it on the pipe. It really depends on what you are looking for.

My WR was front end biased, my KTM's are typically rear end biased.

i have a wr looking at buying an 2012 250 xcw. just wondering how it handles compared to the wr. how planted the front wheel feels in comparison. i dont like the way the wr steers.

The 4 stroke will feel front end biased, the 2 stroke won't. I think you will like the difference in handling.

Why the 250, are you looking for a lot more power?

i got off of a CRF250X i liked the bike, then i bought a 2011 KTM250XC i put a rekluse EXP in and had the suspension done...what a great bike!!! i couldn't be happier. i'm in the northeast, very rough tight trails,sand in NJ rocks and hills in Pa. I'm sure you'll be happy with the KTM 2 stroke

I had a wr250 2007 and a exc200, you will love the way the 2st handels. The power is more than the wrf250 but not scarey...

I sold my exc200 for a crf250r 2011, its all good except the crf250r does not handel as well as my exc did.