Sign in to follow this  

2009 CRF250X a good year? Why do dealers still have stock?

A couple shops in the area still have new 2009 models sitting around? What's wrong with model year 2009 that no one wants them? Should I steer clear of the 2009 model? Thanks.

Nothing wrong w/ that year, probably one of the better years because it was the newest and improved 250x. Its the last year they made them til 2012, and they had alot leftover from what I understand, and didn't need to produce anymore until the demand returned. Economy, $$$, etc...

"The last time Honda imported the CRF250X as a new model was in 2009. As the economy sank, dealers were left with plenty of bikes waiting for a good home. There was enough of a surplus to keep Honda from importing any more of its smallest X-model until now. Finally, the demand has brought another shipment."

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/11/12059/Motorcycle-Article/2012-250F-Japanese-Enduro-Comparison.aspx

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with the bike; the US economy tanked in 2008, leaving a lot of dealers with inventory. World economy wnt south as well not long after that, so it's been a rough couple of years for the dealers (and everyone)

I'm quite happy with my '09's

Jim.

It's a terrific bike, and the price is right on them. Dealers would love to get $4,000 for them, even if they initially offer a different number.

They're selling '09s at Hillsboro (Oregon) Motosport for $5,500. I wonder why they still have some left? They'd move all of them at $4K. :bonk:

There are many dealers who are totally incompetent as businessmen. The overall product line saves many from their incompetence.

If you are not in a hurry - just check ebay weekly. I see them about 20-30% of the time on there for < $4K new. Our local dealer had 2 2008's...but they were still wanting $4300 if I recall.

Ironically, I found another dealer that was sitting on a new 2006! He wanted $3600 and I almost bought it.

This took me about 2 mins to find:

http://www.southernh...nd=16&Type=1514

Might be worth checking some of the really high volume Honda dealers as they get these old stock units all the time. $4500 is not a bad price at all for a new unit.

Edited by nollsp

after reading this topic i went down to the dealer and they only had 2012 models. bummer