Sign in to follow this  

Supercross New Fox Boots Chad Reed crash

Is it me or did it look like Chad's crash was worsened by his boots getting caught. Maybe poor design on the new boot? I am going to check out my cross

fires to make sure anything that could get caught is minimal.

if i were you i would just get rid of all my platics and my foot pegs so as not to get my gear caught on any of it.

probably get rid of the tires, spokes and chain while youre in there.

Edited by mynewcr250
  • Like 4

Is it me or did it look like Chad's crash was worsened by his boots getting caught. Maybe poor design on the new boot? I am going to check out my cross

If your boot has a hole in the top where you insert your foot, then it has something that could get caught... I don't think it's a poor boot design because it would have been caught long before now and the pros wouldn't be wearing them. I just think it was a freak accident type of thing.

I need to watch the video again, but it looked like he might have been caught BEFORE the crash.. maybe actually contributing to the crash.

I dont think its a boot flaw, just one of those poop happens kinda things.

• Like 1

Watching in super slow mo you are right his left knee/back of left boot does get caught up in bike doesn't look like a boot issue. just , bad luck .the whole wreck is bizarre .villipoto said he heard chad panic rev but chad never slides back on his seat almost like he thought he could rev it out and make it.just a weird wreck really bummed for chad and his 22 motosport family...http://motocross.transworld.net/1000122343/news/2012-fox-instinct-boot-intro-photo-gallery/?pid=89512#ngtop

Edited by 275-450

Seriously? Just as i thought everything has been complained about, a thread like this starts...

• Like 1

Seriously? Just as i thought everything has been complained about, a thread like this starts...

So you're complaining about a thread where someone else is complaining....... :bonk: ...hmmmm?

• Like 1

I just watched a video of Reed's crash and it looked like Reed's boot came off the pegs at the beginning of the crash but got hooked on the bike after it flipped. Definitely a freak accident and it didn't look like the boots caused it.

who was complaining! he started something to ask if anyone felt the same way. i didn't read any complaint!

For all you whiners I was referring to after he crashed the back of his boot seemed to get caught on the footpeg and he was drug by the bike. I just checked my sidis and they also have parts that look like they could get hung up in a crash. Yes I understand MX is dangerous that does not mean I can't choose gear etc to try to make it a safe as possible. I was never complianing just asking a legitimate question so I thought. Just another thing in the future I will be aware of when making boot purchases as boots become more advanced with hinges and such that there is some downside to the technology.

• Like 2

I watched the vid of those boots...I think they look like Sidi's without a stitched sole and metal toe

RC is a strange spokesman....ummm, uh...er... :bonk: The band in the background was killin me. Guitar work wasn't bad...but wow. :lol:

I wonder how much those boots weigh

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000122295/news/fox-instinct-boot-intro/

Edited by Slackkinhard

Wish there was a close-up of this. I would like to see what part of his boot hooked the peg as well. That was a freak accident, but still would like to see how it happened. Hard to tell, but it looks like that may have been what caused the damage to his leg.

It's a great question. I know that crazy bad luck can happen in any crash, but it's interesting for some of us. When he was sitting on the mule be taken off the track, I was also thinking about his new boots, and his knee braces. I bet these thoughts also crossed Reed's mind a few times. He was so happy with his Tech 10s for so long.

There's no complaining here about anything regarding Reed or his boots. What's funny is that people complain about a thread like this existing. Just don't open it, or don't read past the first comment, and certainly don't bother posting.

• Like 1