Sign in to follow this  

Bel Ray filter oil

Hey all, just want to pick some brains...

I have switch from no-toil to Bel Ray after popping a motor in my daughters bike and since we have just got winter back again today i cleaned all the filters from the last 2 months.

what would be a better way than the arosal cleaner to break down the old oil and soft enough not to hurt the filter.

i spent 2 hrs on 6 filters, is ok to leave some oil in them i also added some dish soap to try and cut it.

Would diesel be to harsh to soak for 5 minutes on the foam.....

Hey all, just want to pick some brains...

I have switch from no-toil to Bel Ray after popping a motor in my daughters bike and since we have just got winter back again today i cleaned all the filters from the last 2 months.

what would be a better way than the arosal cleaner to break down the old oil and soft enough not to hurt the filter.

i spent 2 hrs on 6 filters, is ok to leave some oil in them i also added some dish soap to try and cut it.

Would diesel be to harsh to soak for 5 minutes on the foam.....

If they had no toil in them, you have to clean them with no toil cleaner. Or laundry detergent.

No petrochemicals will remove the no toil oil.

The filters i am cleaning have been used with Bel Ray. It doesnt seem the arosal is breaking the old oil down even lettin gthem sit awhile.

Just curiuos if there is a alternative way that would clean the filters better