Sign in to follow this  

rekluse choices

i have RA and am losing the ability to use the clutch for more than a few laps and was wondering if anyone has tried the rekluse clutch. there seem to be a few choices and am not really sure what all the difference is. i am a b class rider and my clutch usually last a riding season. the engine is stock other than yosh exhaust and mild port on exhaust of the head. any advice is appericated. thanks.

oh boy. i say that cause some how i keep finding rekluse threads, and i feel the need to say something coming from a guy that has had a rekluse for a year and is in love with it more then his girlfriend... i think. (that guy being me lol)

so what i know is the rekluse exp is most likely your best bet. (thats the rekluse i have and love) its 399$ and worth every penny!!!

the rekluse exp dose the fowling:

the good.

the easiest thing i have put in my bike. it took my 20min 30 min at the most.

virtually eliminates stalling- for me i have staled my bike once! as in 1 time since i put it in. im a woods rider and i have had my bike up hill upside down running! and any time i slide out or tip over it stayed running. awesome!

it gives you better throttle response- i know its hard to believe but it does. the rekluse can slip your clutch system better then you ever can with your finger.

with that said better traction, and better starts for you racers- this goes back to slipping your clutch.

better cornering- omg! yes so much better. you never bog. well, you still kinda do but you can power out of it, and have the rekluse do all the clutch slipping for better traction like i said before OR you shift down real quick and power house out of it! also to add to better cornering if your flying into a sharp corner and you grab a lot of back break your back tire stops spinning so it makes your rekluse disengage and it goes into a neutral like state again. meaning you wont hit breaking bumps and kill your motor. witch allows you to come into corners faster and power out of them faster!

you still have clutch feel in your clutch lever- you can still pull in the clutch and it will got into a netural like state as you know lol.

the bad

you have to adjust your clutch cable you make your rekluse work properly. they say it can stiffen up your clutch pull up to 30% but in my case it feels more like 50% but i learned to deal with it and to be honest i only shift with my clutch if im on a logging road going to the next trail. if im bombing a trail or racing i don't even touch the thing.

you can see how he adjusts the cable here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJTdwgGdTZU

one more bad. you cant bump start your bike. you have to kick it. there is a way to adjust your cable back to normal to bump start in case your bike fails. and then again thats easy.

with all that being said there is still 2 more options for a rekluse clutch.

the z start pro.

im not a expert on this clutch but what i do know is that it is alot of money and it takes for ever to install and you have to have a dr. phd to figure out the adjustments on it lol. but check out there web site and youtube videos to see what i mean.

and the CORE EXP.

the core exp does the same thing the exp does but it will give you free play in your clutch lever and it will not stiffen up your clutch pull. but for that it costs 500 bucks more at a swift 899$

but the beauty in the exp is you can always upgrade to the core exp.

more info from me and other people about rekluses clutches can be found here in this thread. (note i did give false info in this thread and thats my bad i was confused about the core exp) and i did write a review on the exp witch can be found in this thread for even more info

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/940763-rekluse-exp-20-questions/

hope this helps lol. if you buy a rekluse i know you will love it!

ive had RA roughly a year but just in last 2months its caused some damage in my left hand. really appericated the reponse to my question. that was the kind of info i was hoping someone had. do you still have to pull clutch in if the front end is too high and need to hit rear brake. thanks again!

Rheumatoid Arthritis. it effects the joints my girlfriend has this autoimmune disorder for 15 years now.

@rmstrg: nope, all you have to do is tap the rear brake and the clutch will disengage itself.

thanks for the reply! i couldnt find if you still had to pull the clutch in to hit rear brake in the air or not anywhere. def sounds like im going to have to try this out. does it affect your gf joints the same or does it seem to "pick" on just a few? the joints on my left hand are already turning and swell so bad sometimes i cant even make a fist.

thanks for the reply! i couldnt find if you still had to pull the clutch in to hit rear brake in the air or not anywhere. def sounds like im going to have to try this out. does it affect your gf joints the same or does it seem to "pick" on just a few? the joints on my left hand are already turning and swell so bad sometimes i cant even make a fist.

as you can imagine, after such a long time she has quite a few affected joints. it sounds to me that your joint is "flaring" are you taking any treatment yet? get it stabilized. also get your hands on a high quality wrist brace! and maybe some knee braces! this will at least help prevent any of your other joints from "flaring".

glad you liked the response, and sorry to hear about your RA, bummer man. if you get a rekluse im sure it will help. i dont even touch my clutch lever like i said.

hope all goes well for ya. if you get the rekluse or ride a bike that has one soon let us know what you think.

-brady

no treatment yet just pain control type stuff i go in 6 weeks though. i didnt really think anything was wrong just thought MX was taking a toll on my body, but at 36 my wife didnt agree and made me go to the doctor, man shes always right! i wear knee braces already but im def going to take your advice and get wrist braces. really appericate the replies!!!!

you know, males tend to deal with the disorder better since we are biologically build a bit tougher (our joints that is). but you definitely want to minimize the damage done. thats why i recommend the brace. i guess your doc wants to run a few more test but from what i have learned (in early stages) they try to stop the disorder by "spiking/shocking" the body with a treatment (usually in large doses) to try and stop it, but i guess they first have to determine your RA activator. whatever happens i wish you good health