Sign in to follow this  

Favorite Woods Bike

What's up guys? I'm wanting to know what y'alls top 5 favorite/dream woods bikes are? Just wanting to see what everybody's tastes are like.

I like 1 KTM 200 XC-W

2 KDX 200 I used to have an '89 , it was a good bike.

3 my KLX 450R

4 probably a YZ 250 prepped for woods

5 maybe an XR 400

Hows that for starters?

• Like 1

My 08 250SX that I converted to woods bike... Unfortunately I didn't realize it until after I had sold it........

for tight single track, ktm 200, 2006-2007

for more open stuff 2010+ gasgas 250/300

Yeah I have an 05 250EXC. I was seriously thinking about a 200 before I posted this though. I didn't know if a lot of people liked the 200. One reason I'd like it is cause it's still in the 250 class for hare scrambles.

What do y'all think about 125s? I know you gotta keep the revs a little higher but I mean? Light and nimble? Just downshift I would think?

• Like 1

I tried that, but downshifting in the middle of a hill kills your speed

I tried that, but downshifting in the middle of a hill kills your speed

Yeah that's a good point. Got me there.

anybody have an opinion on a 2000 kdx220? just curious as to how they'd be as a competitve harescramble bike.

I've been racing my 200, only weak link I've found is the rider. Another guy in our series is C 45+ points leader on a bone stock 200 against new Husabergs, KTMs, converted MX bikes, etc.. KDX isn't ever going to win in AA , A, or even B classes, but for the lower levels, with a good rider, it'll hold it's own.

• Like 1

2008+ KTM 300 XC-W. Even learned to appreciate the "magic" button! Plenty of controllable power that you can either rev like a 250, or lug when you get tired.

2008+ KTM 300 XC-W. Even learned to appreciate the "magic" button! Plenty of controllable power that you can either rev like a 250, or lug when you get tired.

What is the magic button? I have a buddy I ride with and he has an 08 300 XC-W and he says hey I have a magic button and I ask what it is, but he won't tell me!

What is the magic button? I have a buddy I ride with and he has an 08 300 XC-W and he says hey I have a magic button and I ask what it is, but he won't tell me!

If he stops on a steep hill, pull up next to him, reach over and hit his kill switch. He may call you a few names, but he'll show you what the "magic button" is. :bonk:

Harescrambles - Cant beat my KTM 250xc, i love them i have two... a 2012 and a 2010

besides that id try a yz250

also would like to have a 450 one day (ktm or honda) they would be converted mx bikes for sure