Sign in to follow this  

Pin Hole

If the plug hole fills with anything, it will run out there. For example, the valve cover seal where it seals around the spark plug

I filled the hole with soapy water and pulled the coil wire and blew 40psi of air and nothing came out?

your post got me wondering...The skinny...I don't know.

here's my experience...a few years back I had my bike apart at a race and Travis from TBT was helping me. We had the valve cover off and were playin with the valves. When we put the valve cover back on and started it...it began to leak from that hole. Travis took the cover off cleaned and reversed the plastic seal at the plug hole, and replace the cover. It didn't leak again. Fast fwd a year, I had the cover off, and when I replaced it...there was a dribble of oil that seeped from that hole. I've ridden it that way for a while just figuring I would fix it next time I had the cover off. Well, another issue has my whole head off...so I just went and looked. I'm still not sure where that hole goes...looks like a seep hole for a water pump. Notice that it's got a fitting in the head for a thermostat, and the gasket is called a thermostat gasket. I wonder how these bikes are set up in other countries.

Sorry, I'll look more later

The water pump weep hole is below the WP. In looking at drz400 head I think it is a spark plug weep hole.

I am pretty sure that this is the water pump weep hole. You will see coolant if the pump seal has gone bad.

Exactly (if it's the hole I'm thinking of)...it is an indicator of a bad water seal.

Edited by Rome06379

different hole

Heard that before :bonk:

I just checked his schematic and I see which he means now

• Like 1

I'm taking a small ziptye and inserting it into the hole and it heads straight over toward the plug hole and enters the plug gallery. If ya pull your plug you'll be able to see it.

Edited by Slackkinhard

I'm taking a small ziptye and inserting it into the hole and it heads straight over toward the plug hole and enters the plug gallery. If ya pull your plug you'll be able to see it.

Thanks! And I will pull the plug...