Sign in to follow this  

new here on the x team and ignorant about it lol

hey guys new here just sold my 04 yz295 modded for woods racing and got a petty nice 06 450x...the head light kit was replaced by a r number plate, and alot of loose spokes but its really clean other than that it starts easy and no engine noise.. my e start dosnt work dont know why but no wires have been hacked just dosnt work and like i said head light is not on it and the rear fender has been replaced with a non lighted R type ..honestly i got it yesterday and havnt even looked to see if it has a battery ..need help on things to look for being bad and how do you tighten spokes never messed with them or had any problems with spokes ever other than one or two being loose but if alot are losse how to ighten them with out messing up my wheel ..thanks but seriously the bike looks really good and runs strong and the oil is pretty clean. ive just always been a two stroke guy lol go ahead laugh at me lol

As for tightening spokes there is lots of vids on you tube,

For the starter issues check battery and make sure its charged, check the fuse behind the left side rear number plate and see if its good, then check all wires to make sure none are disconnected and / or frayed or worn through. If all thats good check the starter button (easiest way is to switch it out with a friends bike that you know it works). If all that is good you have a problem with the starter itself.

Post back your findings.

ive got a wire coming into my airbox..its got a square peice about 1x1 inch and a 1/4 thick then theres a lead coming off that about 2 inches long with a red cap n the end? beats me lol what is it and the only switch on the bike is a button on the throttle side and the normal kill switch but i called the guy back cuz he said hes got some extra parts like the lighted rear fender and head light kit.

also i saw in the 450 x pics someone said its abnormal to get more than half hour without a major rebuild... talking about either valves or transmission is this true ...are these bikes reliable if well maintained..or more reliable than the r version ?

also i saw in the 450 x pics someone said its abnormal to get more than half hour without a major rebuild... talking about either valves or transmission is this true ...are these bikes reliable if well maintained..or more reliable than the r version ?

No they blow up every ride. That's why all 5,000 of us own them.

• Like 2

ive got a wire coming into my airbox..its got a square peice about 1x1 inch and a 1/4 thick then theres a lead coming off that about 2 inches long with a red cap n the end? beats me lol what is it and the only switch on the bike is a button on the throttle side and the normal kill switch but i called the guy back cuz he said hes got some extra parts like the lighted rear fender and head light kit.

Sounds like you need a battery. If the previous owner has those parts grab them. You can also ask him what he did to the bike to make the starter not work. I would imagine he would help you get it all back together.

Does the square peice about 1x1 inch and a 1/4 thick then theres a lead coming off that about 2 inches long with a red cap n the end, look like #6 and #7 on this page?

http://www.hondapowersportsoftroy.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=533114&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2006&fveh=12187

No they blow up every ride. That's why all 5,000 of us own them.

:bonk::lol: :lol:

well just found out that the battery is under the seat....krannie nice sarcasm pal. and no the wire with the square peice on it is acually inside my airbox over top of the filter.. it has a little round red cap on it? lol i seriously dont know crap about these bikes. ive always had twostrokes crs and yzs lol. but im taking it as the x's are more reliable than the r's ? my best friend had a 06 crf450r and kept valve train poblems. but he reved it like a damn 125 smoker and bounced off the rev limiter i do know that you dont rev a 4 stroke like that if you want it to stay together and you dont have to rev them to get power

well just found out that the battery is under the seat....krannie nice sarcasm pal. and no the wire with the square peice on it is acually inside my airbox over top of the filter.. it has a little round red cap on it? lol i seriously dont know crap about these bikes. ive always had twostrokes crs and yzs lol. but im taking it as the x's are more reliable than the r's ? my best friend had a 06 crf450r and kept valve train poblems. but he reved it like a damn 125 smoker and bounced off the rev limiter i do know that you dont rev a 4 stroke like that if you want it to stay together and you dont have to rev them to get power

Time for a picture.

My 450x has been rock solid since i bought it. Feels like a cr250 and a xr600 had a bastard child, keeping better traits of both. Maintenance leans a little to the cr250 side. Not trying to be a smart#*s , are you pulling in the clutch lever when trying the e-start?

<p style="text-align: left; ">Any updates outlaw? If you rebuild every 1/2 hour, I will loan you mine for a day or two (no charge to you!!! Just do your regular maintenance!). If you are meticulous on your air filter and oil changes, you should get 75-150 or more hours between rebuilds! Check your valves regularly,run a full quart in the tranny, watch the oil level(and change frequently) on the engine side and forget about it. Your crf450x is no xr 600 but it doesn't quite require the intense (between moto) maintenance that my last CR did(other than air filter)!  P.S. Krannie pulls no punches, other than some tongue in cheek b.s. or sarcasm, he means what he posts,and knows what he is talking about. I personally believe you will f*%king love your  450x, more time =more better!</p>

<p style="text-align: left; ">Any updates outlaw? If you rebuild every 1/2 hour, I will loan you mine for a day or two (no charge to you!!! Just do your regular maintenance!). If you are meticulous on your air filter and oil changes, you should get 75-150 or more hours between rebuilds! Check your valves regularly,run a full quart in the tranny, watch the oil level(and change frequently) on the engine side and forget about it. Your crf450x is no xr 600 but it doesn't quite require the intense (between moto) maintenance that my last CR did(other than air filter)! P.S. Krannie pulls no punches, other than some tongue in cheek b.s. or sarcasm, he means what he posts,and knows what he is talking about. I personally believe you will f*%king love your 450x, more time =more better!</p>

Yeah right. That guy is a Di ck.

Still waiting for the ' airbox mystery part" photo....

Edited by Krannie

Although I can't picture the airbox mystery part in my head , it doesn't mean it isn't a part of outlaw's reality. Krannie ,your last post(that guy is a Di ck),Who is a Di ck ? Outlaw,me, or you? He may be a total noobie to the bike , four strokes,etc. ,but ignorance doesn't make a Di ck of the guy. I'm not calling you a Di ck Krannie and I'm not calling outlaw ignorant , but if the shoe fits, it probably fits either of us! Looking at the highlighted area of your last post, you could be calling me a Di ck. If you are calling me a Di ck , I take it very personally, and would love for you to say it to my face!

Although I can't picture the airbox mystery part in my head , it doesn't mean it isn't a part of outlaw's reality. Krannie ,your last post(that guy is a Di ck),Who is a Di ck ? Outlaw,me, or you? He may be a total noobie to the bike , four strokes,etc. ,but ignorance doesn't make a Di ck of the guy. I'm not calling you a Di ck Krannie and I'm not calling outlaw ignorant , but if the shoe fits, it probably fits either of us! Looking at the highlighted area of your last post, you could be calling me a Di ck. If you are calling me a Di ck , I take it very personally, and would love for you to say it to my face!

I changed my highlight so it would be easier to understand. For some.

I expect every post to have a point, be clear, and be understandable, or I will make fun of it, and push the poster to give more info.

How else can he be helped, other than for us all to guess?

I don't believe in guessing.

Edited by Krannie

I changed my highlight so it would be easier to understand. For some. I expect every post to have a point, be clear, and be understandable, or I will make fun of it, and push the poster to give more info. How else can he be helped, other than for us all to guess? I don't believe in guessing.

Easier to understand. For some. LOL!!! Here is some more info from me. Let me be clear ,to the point, and understandable. I was attempting to give you a complement, even though you make light of it. Evidently, you were born almighty lord of everything dirt bike? A newbie guy on this forum may have no frame of reference compared to your vast experience. Outlaw could be asking legit questions and trying to learn. He or I may be the next superhero of the forum(your avatar)once you are taking the eternal dirt nap.. Pissi*g off people may stroke your ego ,but adds nothing to the pool. Buy a manual, they blow up every ride, take a picture , are essentially your first three posts. You learned from someone , pass it along. Need some specific info? Ask the poster for specifics! Don't assume everyone has your superhuman level of CRF knowledge! Many may not have the money to buy a manual. Superkrannie to the rescue with his band of followers in tights! P.S. I can be a Di ck too! check out this post!