Sign in to follow this  

2001 yz250 Gas tank conversion/ project

I have a small project going on with my 2001 yz250. I am trying to make it look as new as possible for not much money. I am changing several major plastic body parts to the newest year possible and I will clean & paint parts along the way. I have before during, and will eventually have after pictures. I will not stop updating the thread until there are new graphics tires.

Edited by dirtjumpordie

Ah, no worries! It could be raining (or snowing)! Isn't it odd that we are all bit players in everyone's lives except our own.

Ah, no worries! It could be raining (or snowing)! Isn't it odd that we are all bit players in everyone's lives except our own.

yeah lol, kinda makes me wonder why people care what others say. Darwinism?

nice looking 01. how strong are those brackets you made? I would be worried about them breaking.

they are pretty strong. 2 layers of 1/8 inch aluminum drilled out and bolted on each side, I trust them. I put a 2001 tank on my buddies 1993 bike with the same method and it worked great and held up for the whole season. I also Have a way to get your rims black for cheap WITHOUT SPRAY PAINT! so stay tuned! its just a matter of when I can get pics up

getting shrouds on it tonight and my black rims technique is finished on 1 wheel. i will post pictures on wednesday. I have to work today after school.

I love the look of the 2012 4-stroke front fender and number plate on our bikes. I may have to pony up and convert my bike.

I love the look of the 2012 4-stroke front fender and number plate on our bikes. I may have to pony up and convert my bike.

thanks! what year is your bike?

any graphics suggestions? I am thinking decalworks but just the tank&shroud package for $50. Does anyone know if they have free shipping?