Sign in to follow this  

Clutch Kit, which brand?

What brand clutch plates/springs do you prefer? I've only ever used OEM and haven't had any issues. Should I go OEM, hinson, dp, pro x, ebc, or something else? I will be putting them on a 125cc 2 stroke. Thanks in advance.

I got a tusk clutch kit for just under $60 from ebay. fibers, steels and springs. The old one was really grabby, new one smooth as silk.

yeah, do you abuse the clutch? i also want to know which brand will take abuse from a money making AMA pro rider that will atleast last 100 hours.

yeah, do you abuse the clutch? i also want to know which brand will take abuse from a money making AMA pro rider that will atleast last 100 hours.

Thats a wonderfull dream you're having there.

.....? A lot of pros clutches last a race, maybe

hmmm nobody answered my question yet. why dont we go back to the OPs.

You the forum Police?

I have run the TUSK clutch kit w/ their springs for the past two seasons and replace it at the beginning of the season for good measure. I have zero complaints about them and I love to use my clutch on my CR250 on the MX track.

• Like 1

Last aftermarket clutch I used had an issue with springs, only one was still in one piece. Luckily they broke clean instead of shattering. It was in a perfect Hinson assembly so I'm pretty sure the springs were faulty. Back to eom for me. No problems since.