Sign in to follow this  

Pennsylvania Sent in my access permit for RAC! Where can I camp? Anyone going up 1st weekend in march?

So I finally sent in for my first permit for Reading Anthracite Company. Two of my close friends from high school also sent in for theirs and we will be going up on our first adventure the first weekend in March. Anyone else going up that weekend? We aren't sure which area we want to explore st. clair or trevorton.

We would probably leave friday evening and camp there friday night so we can ride all saturday. I know your not suppose to camp there but many do. Does anyone have gps coordianates to a good place to camp at either location. Since it will be near dark when we having gps coordinates to decent place to camp would be helpful, instead of driving around in the dark trying to find somewhere.

Edited by 79yamdt

I know of a couple safe spots at Trevorton. The question is what are you hauling in? Pickups only? SUV with Trailer?

I might be up that Saturday Morning, if you would like the grand tour, let me know.

Edited by SleepyHeadYZF
  • Like 1

I know of a couple safe spots at Trevorton. The question is what are you hauling in? Pickups only? SUV with Trailer?

I might be up that Saturday Morning, if you would like the grand tour, let me know.

That would be great. It'll be three of us. We will definitely be bringing a small utility trailer (5x10 or 8 is the size i think). Its not really any wider than the tow vehicles and has full size tires on it, so it has decent ground clearance. It would be towed by either a 4wd ranger or 4wd explorer. A tour would be appreciated because it's probably pretty easy to get lost up there. As far as where to camp, do you know the gps coordinates or could you locate them on google maps? Or draw where we would drive to get to them on google earth. I would really appreciate that.

The bikes we're bringing are all old so you might have to take it easy if you like to blast down the trails.

'78 IT 175

'81 YZ 465

'79 XL 500

'78 DT 400

Hopefully we can meet up Saturday if you decide to ride.

Edited by 79yamdt

No camping

Permission is granted for recreational activities, excluding however, any overnight camping, any

type of dumping on the property, swimming, or any organized events such as races or parties.

No camping

Did you read my post? I understand that. You should probably tell that to the dozens of people that camp there every weekend. At least I have the permit unlike most people up there. There is no place within a half hr to camp and we are responsible people that will take out our trash and not leave it there like some do, and maybe even remove any garbage from the area we'll be using.

Edited by 79yamdt