California Titles?

Hi All:

Considering a lightly used OHV bike from California. Dealer claims it has a "clean title". Does California issue some type of title to OHV bikes? I intend to legalize (lighting kit/etc) and tag said bike here in Oklahoma.

The instructions I received from an Oklahoma Tag Agency indicates it's their understanding an OHV bike has an MSO and not a title.

What kinds of paper hoops do you Californians have to jump through when you've purchased a new OHV bike that will stay an OHV?

Could use a bit of knowledge before I consider spending some $$ on a bike that I might not be able to run through the Oklahoma process in order to make it street legal w/tag.

Any input would be very much appreciated.

VInduroman

Im not sure if i know that answer, but i know out here in cali, they have a green sticker dirt bike, that you can trail ride in OHV areas all year round, and then they have some red sticker bikes, which you can only ride at OHV areas certain months out of the year,

dont know if that is what you are looking for, but hope it helped.

Hi 150ron!

Sure, it helps. However, I'm getting caution flags about buying a slightly used OHV dirt bike some 1800 miles a way in the HOPE that I can bring it to Oklahoma and take it through the process of becoming a street legal bike. I may need to stick to purchasing a new bike here in OK.

yeah, just keep hitting the OK craigslist, craigslist is a waiting game, keep searching it all the time in the motorcycle section, use keywords STREET LEGAL/ENDURE/PLATED/DUAL SPORT, and see what pops up, + you want to physically start up and ride the bike before you buy it too.

why buy a regular dirtbike tho, why not just get something DUAL SPORT , and plated in your state from the get go? will make things a whole lot easier on you, maybe cheaper in the long run too.