Thinking moving from a 6.5 to a 8.5 foot wide enclosed trailer

Any thought about that ? , since we have 4 bike in our 6.5 x 12 , and i have opportunity to sell it , and i look to buy a 8.5 x 16 , and place bike in differente configuration , perpendicular to the road flow ? , anyone have done that before ?

P1170333.jpg

P1110001.jpg

Edited by baja

Ok guy , yes you are right ,today i stop to IDEAL CARGO , and since they have box inside for the wheel , i will not go perpendicular , and it will be 4 bike side to side configuration , , i am pretty sure they will fit , i am in balance to the Cargo Pro made in Maine or a Ideal Cargo Advantage , they are made here near my house , one is made all aluminium , and ideal cargo galvanized frame

i will keep you posted

thanks for helping guy

Edited by baja

I use a 16x8.5 enclosed and have put 8 bikes in perpendicular...I know I could get 2 more in there...but how often do I need to put 10 bikes in a trailer...I mean I only have 6 seats in the pickup!!! But it is nice to take the bikes and a few extra and have everything out of the weather...we have etrack running the length of the trailer so running the bikes perpendicular works best for us and allows us to cram a lot of them in...

-mt-

What's your RV rated to tow? Many are 3500 or 5000 lb. 16' trailers are like 7000 lb.

But that's the gross weight. Empty they are a little over 2500 or so. Unless your taking along 2500 lbs worth of bikes your fine. If your rv is rated for 3500 I'd probably stick with the smaller trailer to save weight.

Do you need an enclosed trailer??? How many bikes do you need to haul, cause they make three bike trailers that are like 6 by 6 and they are simply the chassis and little metal slots for the bikes. That way its much much lighter, you could move those things yourself.

I have a 7x14 v nose and run my bikes diagonal with the first bikes front tire in the back corner of the V so the whole V is still open for storage. I have put 6 bikes in like this pretty easily

I had a 5x10 V nose, and did the same thing, regularly hauled 4 bikes in that.

If you just want a bigger trailer to have a bigger trailer, that's one thing. But for four bikes....you've got plenty of space now, with room left over for the monster grill.

Do you need an enclosed trailer??? How many bikes do you need to haul, cause they make three bike trailers that are like 6 by 6 and they are simply the chassis and little metal slots for the bikes. That way its much much lighter, you could move those things yourself.

Yes i need enclosed trailer , since we always go in south in winter ...yes i need it enclosed !!, in coming december South Calif. !! for 26 days ...and inthe trailer we keep all our stuff !!

Yes i need enclosed trailer , since we always go in south in winter ...yes i need it enclosed !!, in coming december South Calif. !! for 26 days ...and inthe trailer we keep all our stuff !!

So you're keeping more than four bikes in there, you're stashing all your gear, tools, spares, gas cans, and a bunch of other misc stuff into it for an extended trip-that makes sense that you'd want a larger trailer than you have.

Mu buddy down the road keep 3 bikes and two honda 50s in his trailer a long with alll his gear and a 3 foot by 3 foot change room. He can't load the bikes in perpendicular,his has to bee atleast 7 and a half wide. I'd get pics of his setup, but they have got divorced and had to sell there shit.