Sign in to follow this  

clutch problem 03 525 exc

On my 03 525 exc when I pull the clutch in the case moves out a bit. just put a new clutch in dont know if it did it before. Of course I did so fast I forgot to check the clutch baskit for groves. not sure if that would make a difference. It has always made a lot of noise with the clutch out and is much quieter with the clutch in. Its is creeping a lot now will pull the case of again to check the baskit. Still wonder why the rod is pushing all the way to the case. thanks for any input.

john.

Figured this out. The new clutch was to thick. there are different size diskes in the clutch aray. I had to minimise one of them to a thin one or in this case one of the old metal disks to keep the pushrod from hitting the case. maby when the clutch disks wear down I can replace with the proper thickness. I still have a lot of noise when the trany is running must be something wrong in the case. Hope to run into another 525 to compare the sound.

john.

I just finished doing my clutch in my 03 525 sx about an hour ago, it was horribly noisy before when the clutch had no load on it but as soon as you pulled the clutch in the noise went away. I pulled it apart thinking to find a loose clutch basket or primary gear nut with a flogged out woodruff key but i was wrong, all the fingers on the clutch fibre plates were all bent up and were so flogged out they were just floating left to right and banging on the basket fingers.

I can't see how your pushrod is hitting your case as it has or should have a round steel washer type plug on the end of the rod that sits in behind the pressure plate which there would be no way that it can touch your casing unless the cap is not on it.

Cheers