Zongshen Engines. Anyone own one?

What seems to be the problem?

well i pull the clutch lever in and it makes a clicking noise,but i still can't roll the bike, it has to be in neutral.

I got a video of the noise its making. And theres a pic in my first post with the cover off, where the noise is comming from, i feel its an easy fix, but im unfamilar on the insides of the bike.... Any help

Helps :bonk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PFOBvWfmwU

• 4 weeks later...

You will not be able to roll the bike in gear and the clutch pulled in when the engine is off. The plates need centrifugal force (engine running) to seperate when the clutch is dis-engaged (lever pulled in).

Your slack looks good, but I would tighten the cable so that you have 2-3 mm of clearance in the lever before the clutch begins to dis-engage. However some of these chinese bikes don't like any slack, and will grab when then engine is running, the bike in gear and clutch lever pulled in all the way with any slack. My girlfriends giovanni 250 needs to have the cable fully tightened for the clutch to work properly.

If the bike runs properly when the engine is running when putting it in gear, and using the clutch then your good to go. If there are problems with the clutch then you will hear very abnormal noises when the engine is running and you are playing around with it. A small click like that is probably the pucks hitting the plate, or the inner hub hitting the clutch rings depending on what type of clutch is in that bike.