SIDI Discovery boot

Yes, I have the Discovery Rain boot. Rear end slipped out in mud at 3mph and the bike landed on my ankle. A year later it's not healed.

Those boots offer virtually no protection at all. They're stiff at first, but before long, they flop around like a dying fish.

Yes, I have the Discovery Rain boot. Rear end slipped out in mud at 3mph and the bike landed on my ankle. A year later it's not healed.

Those boots offer virtually no protection at all. They're stiff at first, but before long, they flop around like a dying fish.

HHmmmmm......................

Any suggestions?

My thors have the vibram sole but are like wearing the old fox plastic boots of the 80s.

I grew up with hi-point boots.

for dual sport mild trails it would be nice to have an alternative.

I've thought about Sidi Adventures, but have more important things to spend money on for now. Now that they're broken in, and once they're on, it's hard to imagine something more comfortable than my Tech8s, for any length of time on the bike. And top-shelf protection. Maybe if I start doing rides where walking seems important, I'll come back to this.

There are two items of protection I never fart around with and always dish out the extra $$$ cash if need be. The first is a great helmet and the 2nd is riding boots (not necesarilly in that order).

Look at the Gaerne SG 12's or SG10's, Alpinestar Tech 10's and 8's and the SIDI Crossfire's. All offer great protection, easy break in and long lasting. There more expensive but not as expensive as a broken ankle or foot!

Edited by husky34

Once I got SIDI Crossfires, I ave never gone back to my lesser dual sport boots for heavy offroad adventuring and trails. DS boots are no comparison to the protection offered by the Crossfires and are pretty much the same comfort. For mostly street and commuting the Crossfires are not my choice as they are not good for walking around much and are not quick on/off like the normal DS boots and street boots are. But the street and DS boots felt, and are, far less protection, once you feel what is possbile it is hard to ride with less.

Edited by K7MDL