05 crf450r vs 08 crf450r

i had a 05 crf and that bike was crazy powerfull. had the bike 2 years and had to sell now 5 years latter i buy a mint ridden i season buy a middle aged man. its still alittle eairly well alot eairly but i had to take a ride. i went out for about 1 hr and it didnt seem like it was even close to my 05. my 05 would stand up in every gear. i took the 08 on the long straight back tar road. i could get it up some in the first two but it felt like it was missing something. the best way to describe it would be a 2 stroke without the hit of the reed valves. the bike is very clean and looks new. i have had a few bikes in my day and this bike is tight. anyone have a idea of what would cause this. am i missing something. n i use to have on my 05 was on tar wheeling past my buddy in top gear. were is the animal thats supose to be there

You should edit your post to make it more legible because it's very hard to understand. From what I can tell your saying you bought a 08 450R and compared to your 05 it is lacking power. You said it will only stand up in first or second? I have an 08 and it stands up in 1-4 with with nothing but throttle and stands up in 5th with a little seat bounce.

Am I about right?

You could have many different problems, you'll have to elaborate on if the bike is missing, backfiring etc. We need more info.

stock gearing and yea i was comparing the power feel to the 05 , i trail ride and the fun factor of the less smoother power for me was challanaging and fun as hell. if its the timing retard im sure there is a way around that, is there? i may bring it to the dealer and have a check over. also was cold out jetting could have played a big part. i was hoping the 08 would have had even more explosive power but better straight line handeling over hi speed choppy tarain. i would get alot of head shakes from the 05 changed the springs to my weight im a light rider and never did get rid of the head shake of the 05. but i loved that explosive power the challange and fun factor was great. so what i want is that same explosive power without the head shakes and figured the 08 was it. but like i said it was coldout and i didnt have much seat time.

You should edit your post to make it more legible because it's very hard to understand. From what I can tell your saying you bought a 08 450R and compared to your 05 it is lacking power. You said it will only stand up in first or second? I have an 08 and it stands up in 1-4 with with nothing but throttle and stands up in 5th with a little seat bounce.

Am I about right?

You could have many different problems, you'll have to elaborate on if the bike is missing, backfiring etc. We need more info.

the bike starts right up, seems to run idle good, no misfiring or back firing just seemed to lack that rush of fast hitting power like riding a 2 stroke and not feeling the reeds kick in or driving a older car with a 4 barrel carb and when you floor it only 2 of the 4 barrels open

You can trick the gear position sensor so it doesn't back the timing off in the lower gears. Then it'll be at full advance and harder to ride for you. Seems like that's what you want. The 08 makes gobbs of low end power and I'm sure you'll find that out when you get the gear position sensor out of your way.

Just pull the shifter and the sensor. Put the shifter back on, put the bike into 4th gear, set the sensor switch so it matches that position and then pull the roll pin out of the sensors switching shaft and put the sensor back. Full timing, all the time. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. And you can put it back if you dont like it.

I have a cousin with an 08, I have an 05 and I can feel very little difference in their power delivery. My 05 will pull the front wheel off the ground without any external help from me in gears 1-3 and with some effort in 4th. You have to stand up and seat bounce it to get it up in 5th but it will. My cousin seat bounces his 08 up in 5th as well. If this person's 08 is having trouble getting the front wheel off the ground in 3rd, there is a mechanical problem.