Sign in to follow this  

100+ hours with valves still in spec?

Anyone else having really good luck with their valves? Had mine checked at about 40 hours and they were in spec, hour meter read 100 yesterday and the valves are still fine.

i have had a 08 yz450f 150plus hours and still good

my riding buddy had a 05 yz450f no joke 350 hours just needed shims replaced

if you ride the engine sensible without reving it to hi and hitting the limiter all the time they can go for ages rpm is the destroyer clean your air filter its not the dirt that gets through the filter that damages valves but the dirt that get pushed through when your putting the cage back in that tight spot

wow thats great, what year is it?

Its a 2008. I change both oils, oil filter, and the air filter religiously haha. Got the bike used with 5 hours on it and no problems yet. I'd be more than satisfied if mine makes it to 350+ hours with just a shim replacement!

I had 116hrs on my kids old 08. I changed them just to be on the safe side when I replaced the crankshaft for the 3rd time. They were never adjusted but 1 time and that was after an hour or 2 after the initial break in.

I had 116hrs on my kids old 08. I changed them just to be on the safe side when I replaced the crankshaft for the 3rd time. They were never adjusted but 1 time and that was after an hour or 2 after the initial break in.

Three cranks in that time surprises me. What caused that?

if every crf250 out there lasted 100 hrs without the valves moving it would be a perfect world lol

Three cranks in that time surprises me. What caused that?

The kid just rides and revs the hell out of it. They were not all bad when they were removed, but I knew it was a matter of time, so I wouldn't wait until I started seeing metal floating around.

My '08 hasn't moved, no hour meter, regular oil and filter changes. I do keep the airbox to boot seal tight. But heck minestarts in gear with one kick also so who knows?

is the 08 head any more reliable then 06? or ar they about the same?

is the 08 head any more reliable then 06? or ar they about the same?

Different port design and the 4.5mm exhaust valve stems. No real difference in reliability.

My '08 hasn't moved, no hour meter, regular oil and filter changes. I do keep the airbox to boot seal tight. But heck minestarts in gear with one kick also so who knows?

I do the same with mine, I do wish mine started in gear though.

I do the same with mine, I do wish mine started in gear though.

I should point out that I do have a rekluse exp 2.0, mine started even easier once that was installed, I think it starts in gear because it is kind of in neutral with low RPM no matter what the gear with the disc.

I had an 08 that also started in gear, it's a wonderful thing isn't it?