Sign in to follow this  

runs like a raped ape but bogs when flat out TWO.....

My 91 XR600R runs like a wild thing as long as i use no more than 80% throttle, its ok T.W.O in 1,2,3, but in 4th n 5th it kinda bogs a lil could it be float needs resetting or a bigger jet.?

Lower gears at WFO do not have as much wind resistance putting as much strain on the bike,,,,,,,at higher speeds you need a really good mixture.....so try this..remove the sidecover and run and try it,,if it`s better it`s rich,,,worse means lean......

The needle and pilot mean nothing at full throttle,it`s all main jet at that opening,,,the possibilty of the float being out of adjustment is really rare,,it`s not adjustable.......

B

Edited by brianhare

theres a filter? ok will check, but wont be riding TWO for a while, had to do 15km through rocky terrain with a front wheel puncture today, thank god for rimlocks...........but ive knackered a michelin!

,,,the possibilty of the float being out of adjustment is really rare,,it`s not adjustable.......

Not sure what you mean by this, but the float level is adjustable by bending the tang that the needle rests against.

Not sure what you mean by this, but the float level is adjustable by bending the tang that the needle rests against.

Oh.i could be corrected here,the XRL float is plastic,,you bend the tang and you break the float,,,is the XR600R different and

made of metal....?????

B

There again, knowing what the jets and settings are would be helpful.

Oh.i could be corrected here,the XRL float is plastic,,you bend the tang and you break the float,,,is the XR600R different and

made of metal....?????

floatinstalled.jpg