Sign in to follow this  

Supercross It's official...2012 fails to live up to 2011

2011 was the best season ever. With Reed (even if it's only a handful of races) and Canard out 2012 is not and will not live up to 2011's Supercross season, and for that I'm very bummed. I'll still watch the rest of the races of course, and hope Dungey does something noteworthy, but man, what a bummer!

Yep, from now on its gonna be 2010 all over again. poto is gonna increase his points lead in the championship and Dungy won't be able to catch up.

Ohh well, at least the 250's are good. :bonk:

yep , but I think JS/RV will make for some good racing up front even if JS is not in the title hunt

yep , but I think JS/RV will make for some good racing up front even if JS is not in the title hunt

As much as I would like to agree with you, it just seams like JS7 has more on his mind other than racing. I mean seriously, have you seen his interviews? Use to be he would get pissed off if he didn't get the top ste on the box and now it has become unusual to see him in the top 3 at all. His interviews seam so lackodazicle, like he's just there going through the motions.... I just don't get it. Where is the REAL James Stewart where anything other than the top step just isn't good enough? Where is his fire and determination???

• Like 1

Yep, from now on its gonna be 2010 all over again. poto is gonna increase his points lead in the championship and Dungy won't be able to catch up.

Ohh well, at least the 250's are good. :bonk:

Poto and Dungey were tied after the seventh round in 2010. After Rd8 in Atlanta Dungey held a 23 point lead and went on to win the title.

Don't write the season off yet. Things can change quickly.

• Like 1

I think last Saturday proved how quick a season could change. Sucks that Reed is out, but there is still alot of action to be had out front. I wouldn't cut JS out yet (I'm a fan..only one left I think), but he does need to find the fire. My opinion is that he thought that going to JGR was going to somehow make his bike magical and it just hasn't. He needs to find the fire again and then he will be alright. I'm picking him to win the next race!!!!

I do have to agree that the lites race was awesome/comical/fast all in one race. East is going to be great with the final in LV rated as epic this year. Now who is going to get hired for the CR22 ride. He needs a rider to keep the money coming in. He had to have a fall back plan in place, no rider with that much money invested cannot have a Plan B, or Plan C. To many other families depending on that team/income for him to let them down. Thoughts???

• Like 1

I think last Saturday proved how quick a season could change. Sucks that Reed is out, but there is still alot of action to be had out front. I wouldn't cut JS out yet (I'm a fan..only one left I think), but he does need to find the fire. My opinion is that he thought that going to JGR was going to somehow make his bike magical and it just hasn't. He needs to find the fire again and then he will be alright. I'm picking him to win the next race!!!!

I do have to agree that the lites race was awesome/comical/fast all in one race. East is going to be great with the final in LV rated as epic this year. Now who is going to get hired for the CR22 ride. He needs a rider to keep the money coming in. He had to have a fall back plan in place, no rider with that much money invested cannot have a Plan B, or Plan C. To many other families depending on that team/income for him to let them down. Thoughts???

IMO, the only guy out there who is not under contract (I believe) and is worthy of riding the TwoTwo Honda is Ben Townley.

• Like 1

Reed posted his injuries today...he's out for a long time. Sucks.

Here's hoping RV misses a main again so the season gets interesting again.

Just when I think the Pro Racing forum can't get anymore negitive...

Haven't been around very long apparently. :bonk:

Been around long enough to know that the pro racing forum is full of negetive people.

Or should I say whiney ass p***** :bonk:

However I do agree that if poto misses a main this year it would be a little more interesting. I'd rather see JS7 or Dungey step up their game.

Hell maybe we could get a Jeremy Lin sleeper in SX this year.....

• Like 1

Sucks reed is out seem like he was the only one lately to run with RV. I'll still watch so I can see stewart crash... lol

• Like 1

I would bet you'll see Dungey pick it up now that he is sitting in the number 2 position in points and Weimer seems to be getting better with every race so don't count out those two to make things interesting. Hell, ole' Alessi is showing some spunk as well lately. I don't think this season well be a lack-luster season compared to 2011 and as I've stated before I think we are watching the most talented field of West & East Lites/old 125 class racing we have ever had to grace the tracks. Subpar racing to last year?? I don't think so.

• Like 1

We need to get Dungey hooked on meth. That sh!t makes ya mean!

LOL

A toothless RD on the podium would be AWSOME

Been around long enough to know that the pro racing forum is full of negetive people.

Or should I say whiney ass p***** :bonk:

However I do agree that if poto misses a main this year it would be a little more interesting. I'd rather see JS7 or Dungey step up their game.

Hell maybe we could get a Jeremy Lin sleeper in SX this year.....

True dat! All of it.

Ohh well, at least the 250 east races are good. :bonk:

FIFY. The 250 west races were some of the more boring races I've seen in a while. Even the 450's were better until Reed got hurt. Now it's just going to be the Ryan Villopoto show.

FIFY. The 250 west races were some of the more boring races I've seen in a while. Even the 450's were better until Reed got hurt. Now it's just going to be the Ryan Villopoto show.

Huh? I mean yea the 250 race where Dino was out front the entire time, that was boring, the rest of them have been great.

Huh? I mean yea the 250 race where Dino was out front the entire time, that was boring, the rest of them have been great.

There were a couple where Tomac pretty much checked out. Hopefully the rest of the east races are as good as the first one. Plenty of action in it.