Sign in to follow this  

Another super fun day in the cccc cold hehe

Yep, another fun filled practice day at the Track (PGP Motorsports Park in Kent WA) with some newbies and we got a friend of mines Ortho Therapist hooked now hehe.

The day started out well yeah... cCcCcCoooooold. Was a whopping 38 degrees when we got there and stayed like that for our first session. wasn't to bad while getting the pit set up and all the gear on but WOW did it change once you started moving hehe.

Had to do a couple pit sprints just to get the front brake some heat in it as well it was cold lol.

So we go out on the first session and the track was really tricky as it had grip in some turns and some well yeah not much hhaha and boy when you find that out you kinda go :bonk: The first session I was testing out the new rear spring and fork settings as we made some major adjustments from the last outing as I was having major front end chatter and it made it hard to hold your line and stay on the power as the bike would just shake up out of the line. While out there I noticed the front end was twisted a bit from the last (shhhhh lowside) time I went down and just said eh.. I will deal with it after and just turn some laps.

After about 4 or so laps my hands were going numb from the cold making it hard to feel the clutch and front brake which is not good haha. So I just backed off and figured hell I'm going slow anyway so just take it easy and pull off on the next lap and warm up hehe, so yes I did do that. As I was rolling into the pits and coming up on our pit stall I see Cliff (broke his Tib/Fib a couple months back after I passed him) unloading his trailer YaaaaY but yes I was not riding as he just brought his son and his Ortho Therapist. What you say ? yep his Ortho Therapist, super nice guy and was sooooo wide eyed at what he was seeing hehe.

So after a break we get the call to hit the track again and off we go and WOW the track is drying and warming up nicely hehe. So I do about 8 laps and yep, hands got cold again so I came in and the Ortho guy asks me "how the hell do you go so fast on the pavement and then throw the bike sideways and slide into the turns ?" I was like ahhhhhh I am ? I just go really fast and when it comes time to do your normal let off the gas and slowly add brake and do your typical down 1 gear then another well we just skip a bunch of those steps and hold it on longer the the road racers and all at once, chop throttle, pull in clutch, tip in the bike for turn, grab some front brake and dump the clutch and the bike just pitches out and I use a little rear brake to control how far out I want it to go. He looks at me with this look of &%$#@! lol. So I showed him how my rear brake is adjusted as you really have to push down a long way to lock it up and the way it is it just helps keep drag on the rear so it won't lock up, just slows down the rotation of the wheel :lol: So after a nice chat and help him get Cliffs bike running we all head out again.

Wow, the track is really nice right now, lets go faster and see if the chatter is gone :lol: well no chatter except in T2 as coming out of T1 the front end keeps pulling off the ground and when it comes down I am already tipping in the bike to make the right hander and when the front end hits back down on the ground it would chatter through the turn hmmmmm... OK..... nex tlap try 3rd gear well same thing, wheelie then bam hmmmmmmm.

So went like this for a few sessions trying to get the suspension all set and dialed when I also notice that mid corner now the bike really wants to just fall over and that is due to us pushing up the forks into the triples to add more weight to the front. Geeez this is like a science test for me trying to figure all this stuff out hehe. But we came to the conclusion that I need to send in my rear shock and get it all built for me so thats what I will be doing hehe.

As all of us are getting ready for session 5 it started to rain a little bit which eh won't be to bad as it is light and not pouring down to really wet down the track. Ahhhhhhh while riding up to the entrance it started hailing but the track looked to be OK so I pull out and Brian had already done a lap so I pull out on the track behind him and OMG, no traction, you try and give any throttle and wheel spin Hmmmmm, this is going to be interesting to get around so I can pull off. As Brian and I come down to T4 one guy is down then another behind us so I think ahhh time to slow down and pull off when we come around. Did I??? no, I tried to blast down the front straigh and all I got was wheel spin and when I tried to use the front brake (yes lightly) it locked up (yes OMG) so I slow down as fast as I can and just pull off into the entrance, wayyy to sketchy even if we had rains on.

So we wait around and bamm it's gone and warms up a bit so we head on out again and Wow, track was pretty good :lol: so I rip off some laps and changed up a couple lines to try different ways around I feel more confident on my bike now but still need to get the suspension all dialed in and I will be good to go :lol:

As we are sitting around I offer up my bike to the Ortho guy adn well he came back with this Ear to Ear grin like he had while on Cliffs bike but says... I want a KTM now after riding this, it's so damned smooth and just wants to turn in and the brakes, they are so controllable and yes the rear brake is well weird to get used to but I want one of these now, I am selling my Ninja this is way more fun.

Yes... another one converted hehe.

All in all, another great day of riding and fun. Can't wait for the race season to start so I can see how I can do against the boys this year hehe.

Yes pics and vid to come.

Here's the first session

https://vimeo.com/37114341

I will add more vids as I edit them and more photos when they come available

Come on girls... get out here with me :lol:

Some pics I found

6906330279_149c8ba26e_b.jpg6906381237_2e4a7c179a_b.jpg

the guy in the white is the Ortho guy on Cliffs bike and in his Leathers hehe and Cliff is the genius wearing shorts on a cold day.

6906367711_84d8982874_b.jpg6906368641_3ff08e61d8_b.jpg

and #30 is Brian

6906350615_3eda2f74ba_b.jpg

OK... why is it soooooooo hard to purchase Race tires??? I mean I can go down and have my choice on Knobbies but OMG, trying to find a shop with any race slicks let alone getting them to order them is next to impossible Grrrrrrr.

What... they think this little old lady is going to rip down the street with them ??? Well OK yeah I would lol but I need tires damn it :bonk: I only have 3 sets and those are all practice tires well OK just wasted my race set but Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :lol: :lol:

Wow glad you kept the shiny side up. Sounds like you're sooo close to being dialed in. I wish I lived closer, I would sooo be there!

Wow glad you kept the shiny side up. Sounds like you're sooo close to being dialed in. I wish I lived closer, I would sooo be there!

Wish you did tooooo. You would be just as hooked as I am :bonk: