Sign in to follow this  

Quality XR650L wiring diagram?

Today I am trying to track down turn signals that no longer work on my XR650L and the only wiring diagram that I have is the very low resolution one in the 1993 XR650L Service Manual that I downloaded after I bought the bike four years ago. It was good enough to figure out the wire colors that I need to be concerned with, but just barely. It wasn't scanned at a high enough resolution and most of the lettering is rather blurry.

Do any of you have a scan of a better (e.g., higher resolution) version of the wiring diagram? It would be nice to have one that I can print out and actually read.

Thanks, that's definitely easier to read.

I tracked down the issue to my turn signal relay. It had been opened sometime in the past and it was all rusted inside. I was guessing that might be it anyway, since the turn signals both worked and then nothing worked. I opened it up again and shorted the contacts with a screwdriver to get the turn signals to go on, which verified that it was the problem.

Now I just need to visit the local motorcycle parts place and order a new relay, along with a few other odds and ends that I need. (I try to support local businesses whenever I can.)

Edited by ScottRNelson