Sign in to follow this  

Rear lights on 2010 XT250?

Can somebody do me a big favor and see if the rear turn signal lights are on while the bike is running without the turn signal on. My front ones are on all the time but the back ones are not. The turn signals work just fine. I am wondering if they should be on? And if so want to address it before my warranty is up. Thanks!

Typically , that's how every street legal bike has been produced since about the late 70s , maybe earlier .

The front signals are running lights as well as signals and the rear signals are simply signals . Some folks have rewired and run the rears as runners to aid in higher visibility , which I think is a great idea . Too many have been literally run over because they were not seen . So , anything that might help bring the biker into the attention of the cage driver is a good thing IMHO .

Edited by pd350

yep,k just like pd350 said, the front ones have a dual filament bulb, 3 wire set up (:ground/running lights/flashers), the rear ones are single filament bulbs and are only flashers,

on my xt250, i really like the front sinal running lights, cause they add quite a bit of light at night, so i got some 3 wire turns signals from motorcycle superstore for about 21 bucks shipped, and put them on the back, so now i have running lights in the back too, it gives a very good amount of light, and much brighter blinkers, anything to help being seen is indeed a good thing.

my set up.

xt72.jpg

xt71.jpg