Sign in to follow this  

valving, what will i benefit from it, 07 yz250f

a local shop quoted me $500 if i take my suspension into theme and have it re sprung and re valved, i dont know if i want to drop the money into the valving, i weigh 135 without gear. I just want the bike so it takes the braking bumps and stuff well so it is not so harsh, he said that would be the compression springs and they can swap those out to. So should i just get it re sprung with the compression springs or go and get the valves done to. And i guess if i turn in my old springs i can get some money back etc dont really know how much. I think i want to pass on the valving though, i dont see how it could help me.

The springs alone will help a lot but without valving it may still be too harsh

i mean im not a serious racer so i think i will just stick with the springs and comp sprigs, ya know whats funny is my friends are more into riding and faster than me, and he just got a 07 kx250f and he weighs same as i do 135, the sag wont come into spec but even on there previous bikes he never ever had the suspension set up correctly as in spring rates and stuff, him or his brother, now his brother has a 07 yz250f and weighs 150 so hes ok i think. But ill be fine without it, someone on here said the yz250f vavling is good stock so what ever. I probably will not notice a re valve anyways, i just want it set up so the bike is comfortable and wont buck etc on me over jumps and stuff and so i have more confidence in it.

the motocross bike work for 50% on suspension and these are very important!!!

if you don t like your bike reaction you can t go faster and safe.

A revalving can make the bike more better for your weight , level and rider technique.

you fell a very important difference.

the right spring for the rider are a must-have if you want a good level work but need also the revalving.

if you ride your bike revalved and respringed for you after a month you will not come back on stock never!!

more speed , more safe , more fun

these is the reason so we are on the forum

• Like 1

In my opinion valving is the most important for the overall feel of the suspension, if I had to choose one or the other I would take a properly valved bike. On the other hand, the yz250f valving is very good stock

Do you know what is wrong with your bikes suspension? What do you like and what don't you like about it. Most of the time you cant just hand someone your suspension and say "make it better". Doesn't exactly work like that...I personally do my own suspension tuning because it saves me a lot of money. But if you dont think your able to do that I believe it is good to get suspension sprung and valved for your weight since you are light for the stock suspension. But find out exactly what you dont like about the suspension before handing it to the suspension tuner.

Do you know what is wrong with your bikes suspension? What do you like and what don't you like about it. Most of the time you cant just hand someone your suspension and say "make it better". Doesn't exactly work like that...I personally do my own suspension tuning because it saves me a lot of money. But if you dont think your able to do that I believe it is good to get suspension sprung and valved for your weight since you are light for the stock suspension. But find out exactly what you dont like about the suspension before handing it to the suspension tuner.

you race mama? that name looks familiar... im looking to do my own valving and have the ability to, just dont know much about valve stacks. also are compression springs the same as pressure springs? how much affect do they have on performance compared to valving and spring rates

Yea I race MAMA every now and then, I usually race the A class. I've never heard them referred to as compression springs. The pressure springs are the ones that are above the base valve. They wont make a huge difference, but they are noticeable. I went with lighter ones than stock on my bike and it seems to make it a little plusher. The main thing to do first is to make sure the spring rates are right first as that will be the most noticeable mod done.