Sign in to follow this  

Pike's Peak International Hill Climb

Alright so I'm kind of wanting to do this but I need some info. First off I have a '01 yz 125. Will I need to have my bike jetted for the elevation? It's already jetted for 5,000-8,000 ft. What are some other things you guys can tell me?

The elevation jump is so much that when you reach the top your bike will be hurting. I lived by Pike's Peak for several years. I would watch the races and it was such a blast. Now the road is paved all the way to the top due to the Environmental commies crying about how the dirt road was hurting god knows what in the environment? Good luck to you nonetheless!

good luck man its a hll of a drive in a car, i dont think i would even try on a 125.

dirt road was hurting god knows what in the environment?
+1 what lives at 10+k and is disturbed by a little dirt. on the plus side if its all paved it could make for some fast times.

The elevation jump is so much that when you reach the top your bike will be hurting. I lived by Pike's Peak for several years. I would watch the races and it was such a blast. Now the road is paved all the way to the top due to the Environmental commies crying about how the dirt road was hurting god knows what in the environment? Good luck to you nonetheless!

I was so sad when I heard they were paving it all the way up. We'll never see runs like these again. Sorry they're not moto runs. I just love group B rally cars and the car control that rally drivers have. They must have pretty big balls too to go that fast and run that close to those huge drops.

Every time I watch this it brings a tear to my eye. Such a beautiful sounding car with that screaming inline five and that chattery BOV and amazing driving. Heil Walter Rohrl.

This one's pretty cool too. Won some awards at film festivals.

Edited by Ih8Hondas

Alright, sounds like I won't be trying that. Sounded fun, guess I'm just going to watch!