Sign in to follow this  

does anyone have experience removing the baffle.......

......not the spark arrestor. i mean this stuff inside the pipe (this is an xr100r 2002 model).

DSC09207.jpg

DSC09205.jpg

what would happen if i pulled it out??? how loud would it get?? is there an advantage?? the stuff looks pretty restrictive. i would leave the spark arrestor on the pipe. dont want any forest fires here in CA.

also, there seems to be some sort of sleeve welded into the exhaust tip that looks pretty easy to get out. it would increase the outlet by about 1/4"

You can't on a XR100. No advantage to remove it . It would be loud and probably down on power. Save your pennies for an aftermarket pipe. Besides it isn't removeable on any XR80 or XR100.

il just live with the pipe i suppose. i have heard cutting out the guts of the pipe makes it similar to an aftermarket muffler.

i saw(i think on socalxr) that people were using a plumbing part(some sort of flange) to increase exhaist volume and still have some back pressure. would taking the stuff out of the muffler not do the same thing?

iv seen the xr50 guys gut there pipes, which are basically identical to the 80/100 pipe.

Dwight is right, just save up for an after market pipe. There is no huge advantage to have just a pipe, it's just the first thing you should get in a long list of things to make the motor more powerful. These things become HUGE money pits after a while, so if want to get started a pipe is the way to go. But you can take a stock and ride it wide open and have the same fun, especially on small tracks.