Sign in to follow this  

Crazy dreams

Well the other night I had this dream that I was at a motocross track (big air in MI) and riding my DR650. I dreamt that I did a large triple and the landing was so smooth that I had my wife video me doing it three more times. Crazy dreams.

Seriously though I did get my bike to stand up in second gear yesterday for the first time. I’ve tried and tried to pull the tire in second and a few inches is all I’ve been able to do. But yesterday I was coming off the ice and heading up the boat launch when I shifted in two second quickly and the tire came up great. I was able to feather the throttle and hang the wheel for long time. No dream but I wish my wife was there with the camera this time.

Well the other night I had this dream that I was at a motocross track (big air in MI) and riding my DR650. I dreamt that I did a large triple and the landing was so smooth that I had my wife video me doing it three more times. Crazy dreams.

LOL! Dude... that is a dream for sure.. I've raced many times at Big Air... I'd never take my DR650 out on that track... I have too much respect for my machine (and body) to attempt such a feat. If you just went out there and rolled around the track some whacko kid would just land on you anyway. :lol:

Seriously though I did get my bike to stand up in second gear yesterday for the first time. I’ve tried and tried to pull the tire in second and a few inches is all I’ve been able to do. But yesterday I was coming off the ice and heading up the boat launch when I shifted in two second quickly and the tire came up great. I was able to feather the throttle and hang the wheel for long time. No dream but I wish my wife was there with the camera this time.

Now that is getting back to reality... :bonk:

I never raced at Big Air but rode it many times. The last time I was there was around 1999. Back then not so many people were big jumpers and I was so I loved the track as I could out ride better riders than me. I remember in the back after a long set of sandy whoops there was a large table top that dropped off big on the far end. If you cleared the table top and landed half way down the landing it seemed like you were in the air a while. Fun track for sure. Now days I prefer to keep the wheels on the ground of to it.

I never raced at Big Air but rode it many times. The last time I was there was around 1999. Back then not so many people were big jumpers and I was so I loved the track as I could out ride better riders than me. I remember in the back after a long set of sandy whoops there was a large table top that dropped off big on the far end. If you cleared the table top and landed half way down the landing it seemed like you were in the air a while. Fun track for sure. Now days I prefer to keep the wheels on the ground of to it.

Yeah, they call that jump "killer"..... and it is if you over jump it and flat land at the bottom of the hill. It's actually changed a lot since you rode there back in 99. Killer has been made less of a radical drop off... too many guys catching their rear wheels on the edge to the table top and endoing all the way down the drop off hill. Even the barn double has been mellowed out quite a bit.