Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha Warrior s 400ex

ok, i have a 2003 yamaha 350 warrior. this summer i am thinking about selling or trading my warrior for something a little bigger. if i go for a 400ex, would i really get more advantages, or really notice a huge power gain, or should i throw in a little boot for something bigger like a 450?, or 500 predator?. thanks for the info, and all i do is trail ride. it consist of mud rocky hils, basically everything. thanks

I had a 300ex with oversized piston jetted pipe it was tight and crisp in the woods and i later got a 400ex with same mods and it is a totally different machine way more power longer powebands its alot bigger in size but might be lighter..? Atleast it seems lighter i would

Be happy with a 400ex i haven't personally rode a 450 but ride with someone who has one and its fast long and low IMHO.

• Like 1

you wont notice much going from a warrior to 400ex, ive had both at once. if you want a 400 the z is a pretty good quad. but why spend the money on a 450 when you could make your warrior like this for less money

1494c787.jpg

I have had a warrior, z400, and yfz 450..the 450s are no comparison they blow them away with the power and better suspension..the z is a lot stronger on the bottom than the 400ex but the Honda is a little more reliable..and the Honda is stronger than the warrior but its not too much of an upgrade..if it were me I would put a little boot for.the 450..actually that's exactly what I did haha good luck!

what bike you get depends on what you are goin to use it for 450s are awesome to ride wheelies and go fast but are horrible to trail ride without alot of work and tuning. a 350 or 660 raptor would be a great trail bike or a z400 if you ride trails alot make sure it has reverse