Sign in to follow this  

carry tools and gas

Hi. My XR200 needs to carry all my tools and 1 gallon of reserve fuel because I'm going on a ride in very remote west Texas. What is the best way to carry these items on XR200?

a good backpack seems to be an easy way to carry some stuff. backpack can be uncomfortable if you cram it full tho.

I was hoping to somehow have the bike carry it all. The ride is all day long for 3 days. Having to carry all that stuff on the shoulder would be very tiring. There's also alot of water to carry because the terrain is desert. I have a big camel pack for water, and that's alot of weight already. And I got to carry cloths too. I heard it gets cold in the desert, in case the bike breaks down and I get stranded.

Edited by Terminatr

the guys in the dual sport/adventure or 600 650 forum might be able to help you out. i know alot of the xr600 guys like doing stuff like this.

I didn't want to spend big money on a rack. I ended up straping a medium size tool bag to the back of the bike. It carried a suprising amount of stuff, and it was really secure. I also put in it a large gatorade bottle of gasoline for emergency. I carried a camel pack of water and a giant fanny pack for misc stuff like food.

Edited by Terminatr