Sign in to follow this  

XRL Oil Sight Tube?

I know some folks have installed an oil sight tube on the XRLs. Any pics/tips out there? I am thinking about adding a scotts stabilizer which is going to make checking the oil a pta. I am looking for a parts list and tutorial. I know you drill and tap the holes, but want to make sure I get the proper location. I am guessing I tap the top one by the breather that goes to the crank case and the second about 4 inches below. I believe the wall of the frame tube is pretty thin so I am a bit worried about the tapping job. Did anybody just use the xrs only kit? Seems pricey as hell for a couple fittings and a tube!

Thanks in advance for the help TTers. If I end up piecing it together I will do my best to photo document a tutorial so we don't have to see yet another thread.

Hey man,pm cyclewizard,he`s done this,and has pics too..

B

Thanks. Will do.

I know some folks have installed an oil sight tube on the XRLs. Any pics/tips out there? I am thinking about adding a scotts stabilizer which is going to make checking the oil a pta. I am looking for a parts list and tutorial. I know you drill and tap the holes, but want to make sure I get the proper location. I am guessing I tap the top one by the breather that goes to the crank case and the second about 4 inches below. I believe the wall of the frame tube is pretty thin so I am a bit worried about the tapping job. Did anybody just use the xrs only kit? Seems pricey as hell for a couple fittings and a tube!

Thanks in advance for the help TTers. If I end up piecing it together I will do my best to photo document a tutorial so we don't have to see yet another thread.

http://www.scottsonline.com/litrack/176.pdf

The above link shows what the bracket looks like installed and there is typically not a problem with the dip stick on this bike. You "MIGHT" have to trim the ears of the dip stick slightly if your tube was welded a little bit more forward than another bike.

Thanks-

Eric

Don't forget that the tube is special heat resistance material, and that's the same one I have used when we raced all the the races from Baja to BITD from 2000 till the 450x came out and took over, Can't beat reliable sourcees like XrsOnly that's what I race with

My xrr came with one when i bought it and its not something that i would prob. have done myself. But i tell you what holy cow its awesome having it. you never run your bike low on oil because all you have to do is give it a glance. def. worth the money and time.