Sign in to follow this  

GPR V1 Steering Damper

Kawasaki KX250 2001

I would like to invest in a steering damper for my bike...and the GPR V1 seems like what I'm looking for.

But i'd like to be able to put it under the bars.

Is there any sort of modification I could make? or any similar damper?

They GPR v4 goes under the bars...but they unfortunately don't make that for me bike.

Ideas????

Thanks

v1mount.jpg

Ya I just put the V4 on my bike (the under the bar kit) it went on really easy. Did you call GPR and ask them about a stabalizer for your bike? I know the one I got fit a few different models. You could call Scotts, they do make an under the bar kit for their stabalizer but it's not really advertised, I talked to the people at Scotts before I bought the GPR and they were really cool and helpfull, they may be able to get you set up. The reason I bought GPR is their under the bar kit didn't raise the bars quite so much, I already run RC high bars and I think the Scotts was going to add like an 1". I am 6'2" but that would be a little to high for me, with regular bars I'm sure the Scotts would be fine. The GPR system only raised the bars about 1/2", fits me real nice with the RC highs. I would definatley call GPR and Scotts if you haven't done so already.

Are you looking to still run the bar pad? I was able to cut my bar pad and still run it over the top of the stabilizer with the V1. You may have to bend or get a different crossbar for it to fit. I put a crossbar from a reed pro taper onto a windham bend since it was longer and mounted higher up on the bar.

Ya I just put the V4 on my bike (the under the bar kit) it went on really easy. Did you call GPR and ask them about a stabalizer for your bike? I know the one I got fit a few different models. You could call Scotts, they do make an under the bar kit for their stabalizer but it's not really advertised, I talked to the people at Scotts before I bought the GPR and they were really cool and helpfull, they may be able to get you set up. The reason I bought GPR is their under the bar kit didn't raise the bars quite so much, I already run RC high bars and I think the Scotts was going to add like an 1". I am 6'2" but that would be a little to high for me, with regular bars I'm sure the Scotts would be fine. The GPR system only raised the bars about 1/2", fits me real nice with the RC highs. I would definatley call GPR and Scotts if you haven't done so already.

They unfortunately don't have the V4 under bars mount or the Scott under bars mount for my year model :bonk:

How much of a difference did your damper make for you?

Would you recommend one?

Are you looking to still run the bar pad? I was able to cut my bar pad and still run it over the top of the stabilizer with the V1. You may have to bend or get a different crossbar for it to fit. I put a crossbar from a reed pro taper onto a windham bend since it was longer and mounted higher up on the bar.

Yes, I still want to run the bar pad. I do t have a cross bar. I run fat bars.

But cutting the pad is a good idea!

I might try that :lol:

How much of a difference did your damper make for you?

Would you recommend one?

Yes, I still want to run the bar pad. I do t have a cross bar. I run fat bars.

But cutting the pad is a good idea!

I might try that :bonk:

You could always run Renthall Twinwalls which have a crossbar.

Personally I didnt like the steering dampener so I took mine off. Seemed to really wear me out fighting the bars in tech stuff even on the lowest setting to where it wasnt worth it. My bike is pretty stable anyway and doesnt get headshake or anything at high speed. Lots of people swear by them though.

I do like the stabalizer, I like it on the track in the deep ruts and off-road in the rocks and roots. My bike can get a little head shake going on in the desert high speed stuff as well, the stabalizer cures that. Don't really run it any higher than 1 or 2 on the dial, heck if you crank it up you can barely turn the bars.